It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board

• Please Help!! 10 year old little girl and don't know what to do!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-26-2016, 03:06 PM   #1
    tjholt2016
    (female)

tjholt2016 HB User
    Please Help!! 10 year old little girl and don't know what to do!

I have a 10 year old little girl and I am not sure where to even begin. I will try to keep this brief. For the most part she has always been a happy and healthy child, or so we thought. She has gotten strep throat many many times and also has been suffering from migraines since the age of 4. We have always thought she had some environmental allergies, but no asthma or anything like that. Over the last year or two we have noticed that she is always tired and complaining of sore throats, headaches stomach aches or not feeling well. We thought this was from the constant recurrent strep throat infections. We took her to the ENT who told us that her tonsils and adenoids are not swollen after doing a scope on her. On May 10th of this year while drinking lemonade at school she started getting very red in the face and chest and complaining of bad itching and told us that her throat was hurting and tight. We took her to the pediatrician who told us that it was probably a fluke but definitely not an allergic reaction. This last Thursday she ate pork chops with lemon pepper on the grill (she's eaten it a million times) and the same thing happened but worse. I took her to the emergency room and they gave her breathing treatments with epi and she started feeling better at once. Then last night while eating a cereal with strawberries the same thing happened (just not quite as bad). We reacted much faster with Benadryl to treat her. This morning she is complaining of body aches, sore throat and again looks very unwell. I did take her to the dr today who ordered a bunch of lab works for allergies as well as CBC etc to determine tiredness. I am at a complete loss. I do not know how to help her or what to do. She is afraid to eat and looks so sick. Has anyone experienced anything like this or know a possible cause? Dr seems to think sudden allergy onset like this is very odd and may or may not be connected with the always being tired and feeling sick. He did say to avoid citrus and strawberries and with any other reaction that comes on avoid it until we see allergy. I want to help her and can't find anything to do that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2016, 03:44 PM   #2
    Gabs7
    (female)

Gabs7 HB User
    Re: Please Help!! 10 year old little girl and don't know what to do!

Our little boy had continual strep but doctors said it was viral.
    He started to get Allergies, crazy skin rashes was washed out and tired all the time.
    We paid for a private tonsilectomy as
    Gp would not refer and he has not looked back.
    He is a different child. I am not saying this is the same for your
    Daughter but we became aware
    that strep or all the antibiotics sent out little ones immune system crazy. I hope she gets better soon.

Old 05-27-2016, 04:08 AM   #3
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Please Help!! 10 year old little girl and don't know what to do!

I agree with the response. Where I live most docs will remove tonsils after 6 cases of strep....some for even less. Also from personal experience I can tell you they need to come out. My parents would never agree to have mine out so I had them out at age 25. You don't want her to wait that long. It's a horrid experience as an adult.
    Also I'm so allergic to antibiotics today from the overloading when I was a child that none of my doctors will prescribe one for me.

As for the food allergy, that can be easily determined by allergy testing. You might also read up on Oral Allergy Syndrome and see if that might fit as it's mostly fruit related. But a trip to the allergist is in order

Closed Thread