It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board

Seven Year Old Daughter Waking Up Sick And Never Remembers

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2017, 12:59 AM   #1
jsposey
(male)

jsposey HB User
Seven Year Old Daughter Waking Up Sick And Never Remembers

My seven year old daughter wakes up periodically after she goes to sleep at night in severe pain which usually results in vomiting. I remember this happening occasionally when she was a toddler but not as often as it does now. The part about it that concerns me is that she does not remember any of it. It just happened tonight. She woke up about an hour after going to sleep. She was sitting up in her bed crying. I kept asking her if she had to vomit and she never responded. I finally picked her up out of bed and put her in the bathroom and she vomited on the floor. She then turned and sat down and vomited a little more. I took her to the other bathroom and she sat on he toilet and vomited on the floor. I then had to run her a bath. After the entire situation was over and I laid her back in the bed, I told her it wasn't her fault that she got sick. She then told me she didn't know she got sick and vomited. The first thing she remembered was being in the bath tub. My wife told me that my daughter never remembers waking up sick the next morning but I always found it hard to believe. She is always fine throughout the day and this happens occasionally but she does tend to have stomach problems more often than her two sisters. I don't even know how to begin explaining this to a doctor but I know it's not just an occasional stomach ache. If anyone else has ever experienced this or knows anything about, I would appreciate any info.

Thank You,

Jay

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2017, 08:43 AM   #2
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Seven Year Old Daughter Waking Up Sick And Never Remembers

Hi....she might have a hernia or something to do with her gag reflex?. It's interesting she doesn't remember. I think you described it perfectly.....i would suggest pushing for non-invasive tests such as MRI or even CT. The fact that it's most bothersome at night while sleeping and the testing while lying down could be a good match position-wise.

I forgot to ask if she is coughing before this happens?

q

Last edited by quincy; 01-01-2017 at 08:44 AM.

Old 01-01-2017, 12:29 PM   #3
jsposey
(male)

jsposey HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy View Post
Hi....she might have a hernia or something to do with her gag reflex?. It's interesting she doesn't remember. I think you described it perfectly.....i would suggest pushing for non-invasive tests such as MRI or even CT. The fact that it's most bothersome at night while sleeping and the testing while lying down could be a good match position-wise.

I forgot to ask if she is coughing before this happens?

q
No coughing. Just wakes up in pain. Sometimes she vomits and sometimes she doesn't. However, she never remembers it. It's random so I'm wondering if it triggered by certain food allergies. She had a lot of dairy products yesterday so I'm going to cut out dairy for the next few days that she is with me and see if it happens again. I don't recall any of her allergy test every showing her allergic to foods. Mostly grass and outside things. I'm definitely going to talk to her doctor about options to figure this out..

Old 01-01-2017, 10:08 PM   #4
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

A good idea to cut out milk for a bit to see if it helps.
Maybe keeping a food diary will give other foods to try.

Hope you are able to get answers soon. Please let us know how she's doing.

q

Old 01-01-2017, 11:16 PM   #5
jsposey
(male)

jsposey HB User

I will definitely give the food diary a try. I can't believe I didn't think of that. The only dairy I allowed her to have today was the milk that was with her cereal this morning. She's been asleep for a few hours and no problems so far. I'll still never understand how she says she doesn't remember ever waking up crying or getting sick. I'll have to talk with some people I know in the medical field. My profession is operating a Nuclear Reactor. This is beyond anything I have an understanding for. I will definitely update any useful information I receive.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:42 PM   #6
kanded
(female)

kanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB User

Might have them check for constipation while they're at it. Lots of dairy and gluten can cause intestinal disorders. If she has enough poop in her stomach it can make you nauseated and vomit. Usually a basic ultrasound (which is non-invasive) can see if there is a build-up of poop in there. Appendicitis can also cause these symptoms, but pain is only on right side usually and down lower than stomach.
What is strange is if the vomiting and nausea doesn't happen at all during the day. You would think if it was an intestinal disorder that she would have the symptoms throughout the day or night.
I wouldn't want to wait to schedule an appointment, I would call and get her in right away. Hope she feels better!

Old 01-02-2017, 05:26 AM   #7
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Sleepwalkers never remember anything the next day. I'm not surprised that she doesn't.

Old 01-07-2017, 06:33 PM   #8
mamagonzo4
(female)

mamagonzo4 HB User

It sounds like night terrors to me. my 6 year old has been having them since she was a baby. It took me awhile to figure out what they were. I thought she was in pain..but she was just screaming and terrified shaking and would vomit. never remembers in the am. It still happens always about an hour after she falls asleep. look up night terrors. I think you'll find alot of familiar symptoms! I try not to let her eat alot before bed. A full bladder can also trigger them.A change in routine an illness or anything out of the "normal" routine. and sometimes there is no trigger they just happen.

Old 04-08-2017, 10:03 PM   #9
L0727

L0727 HB User

Could it possibly be epilepsy?there's a condition called panayiotopoulos syndrome epilepsy which usually occurs only at night and causes severe vomiting.My daughter had something happen to her she started vomiting and couldn't remember what had happened she had a seizure but she wasn't convulsing like usually they do she was limp and she was just looking like if she was frozen.My daughter got diagnosed with benign rolandic epilepsy after she had a normal MIR and CT Scan.

Reply Reply