It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board

My 11 year old son was diagnosed with mesenteric lymphadenitis.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2017, 12:28 PM   #1
deefuentes
(female)

deefuentes HB User
My 11 year old son was diagnosed with mesenteric lymphadenitis.

Hello all!
My 11 year old son was diagnosed with mesenteric lymphadenitis yesterday. He has been in severe pain for 4 weeks now. After switching drs, he finally had a CT scan followed by the diagnosis. The dr said it could take 6 weeks for the lymph nodes to go back to normal. He has developed a cough that is almost like a nervous cough when he's feeling the most pain. The dr says breathing exercises witll help. But in the mean time, I have so many questions. What can I do to make him comfortable? Is it common to have MA with no fevers or no prior infection? Could appendicitis cause MA or vice versa?
He has been referred to a Gastroenterologist who has given him an appt in ay (almost 3 months away). I have the nagging feeling that we're missing something.

A little background info:
My son was born with bilateral hydronephrosis. He had a laparoscopic pyeloplasy to repair a ureter on the left kidney in 2011. Kidneys are draining fine as per his urology appt last week. Hydronephosis is still present on CT scan. He complains about abdominal pain once or twice per year since the surgery (never as long or as bad as this time). The pain seems to be on both sides and around his back. It started in the upper abdomen. He saw a GI dr in 2013 for the same kind of pain and was treated for constipation.

The following user gives a hug of support to deefuentes:
sweetpotato13 (02-17-2017)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply