It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board

12 year old abdominal pain

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2017, 06:11 PM   #1
momleonard
(female)

momleonard HB User
12 year old abdominal pain

12 year old DD started 3 weeks ago with pain below left of belly button. She is hardly eating because is causes so much more pain. Applesauce and pretzels is all she is wanting to eat. We have been to the general doctor twice. First time they ran blood work and all was normal. After the doctor pressed around on her belly in increased the pain. The prescribed prevacid and hasn't made a difference. She has pain all the time...worse after eating. She has lost 6 lbs. The right side has some pain also now.

Missing out on daily activities because of pain. She is sleeping much more than usually and just lays around. Went back to doctor yesterday and they have order a ultrasound. Mentioned sending her to a pediatric GI doctor but said there would be atlas a 3 month wait.

It is so hard to see her in pain and not wanting to do anything but just lay around.

Tossed around possible ulcer or gall bladder.

Any suggestions or opinions are appreciated.

Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2017, 08:17 PM   #2
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: 12 year old abdominal pain

She should also have a blood test for gluten sensitity and h. Pylori....both are blood tests.

Ultrasound will show something if its related to gallbladder.

Has she started her period yet? The other thing that comes to mind is possible ovarin issues.....ovulating, possibly a cyst, endometriosis...etc.

Has she had urinalysis yet? Is she having ny problems bm-wise?

What you could do in the meantime is have her eat fairly bland diet Scrambled eggs, white toast, clear broth..... i would suggest maybe she start a probiotic and rather than prevacid..she could try zantac. It might help quicken her digestive tract if she's having nausea and constipation.

Please keep us updated.

q

Old 08-03-2017, 02:32 PM   #3
momleonard
(female)

momleonard HB User
Re: 12 year old abdominal pain

Thank you for the reply.

Ultrasound was normal.

She had a Cat Scan. It only showed that recently a ovarian cyst had ruptured....that probably explains the right side pain. My daughter said the pain has basically went away.

The prep for the Cat Scan was horrible. Drinking the contrast was so painful...she was crying.

She is eating more things...still very small amounts. She can feel it going down her esophagus and then the pain increases on that left side...to the left just below her belly button. It only takes seconds for the pain to increase and then she always goes and lays down after she eats or drinks anything.

The Pediatric gi doctor that our doctor wanted to refer her to was a 3 month wait. It is connected to the children hospital. I found another one that my other child seen many year ago. We have an appointment on Aug 7th. Hopefully we will get some results then.

She has started her period, just over a year ago.

Thank you for any suggestions and opinions.

Reply Reply