It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board

7 year old child with H Pylori - Treat or Endoscopy?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-20-2017, 02:25 PM   #1
HPinVA
(female)

HPinVA HB User
7 year old child with H Pylori - Treat or Endoscopy?

Hi,

I was on this forum a few years ago when I was treated with H Pylori and after years of my daughter throwing up at night and now morning vomiting and stomach pain along with off an on diarrhea/constipation she has been diagnosed too :-( She is 7. They diagnosed by stool sample.

The doctor recommends getting an endoscopy to see if there is inflammation and if not then don't treat it. I am nervous about the endoscopy and I feel like we should just treat it. The treatment is so horrible though I don't really want to put her through that either! If I let her live with it I will worry about her getting ulcers in the future or cancer. I always suspected because of all her vomiting and issues but the doctor does not seem convinced it is the cause of it all without the endoscopy. I think it is. Looking for advice please. Has anyone treated their child and if so, how did they tolerate it?

Thank you!

Last edited by HPinVA; 12-20-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2018, 05:08 AM   #2
HPinVA
(female)

HPinVA HB User
Re: 7 year old child with H Pylori - Treat or Endoscopy?

In case anyone else has child with H Pylori here is what happened. We did the endoscopy to see if there was enough inflammation to treat and there was. She is on Day 11 of 14 of triple therapy and is doing amazingly well. While doing the endoscopy we discovered she also has Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EOE) which can also cause nausea and vomiting so it is to be determined if her nausea and vomiting will stop when the H Pylori is eradicated or when the EOE is under control.

Reply Reply