It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board

High Platelet Levels, Could it be serious?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2018, 06:14 AM   #1
Chrissyc90
(female)

Chrissyc90 HB User
Question High Platelet Levels, Could it be serious?

Since January my 5 year old son has been catching viral and bacterial infections and coughs from recepetion almost every other week. His GP requested a blood test and since then he's had 3 tests done weeks apart. she says she keeps requestiong for monitoring reasons mainly because his platelet levels are high. the first test showed 601, the next test showed 490 and she didn't mention what the 3rd test showed but the week before his 3rd test he did get an ear infection and was put on 10ml of amoxicillian 3x for 5 days.

she says she wants another test next week because his platelet levels are still high.. she says if next week is still high she'll be referring him to a pediatrician for further testing.

Aside from him being so ill this year from colds and coughs and ear infections I'm not sure what else could be causing his levels to be high enough to be constantly retested.

Has anyone had anything similar happen? what ended up being wrong with the child?

my son is very energetic, jumping on beds, running around, playing video games to me he seems fine aside from having purple tint under his eyes and also being a fussy eater, hes always been a bit fussy, he wants chicken nuggets or fish fingers but we have been getting more strict with him and hes starting to eat more but still struggles with his veggies.

this has been very stressful for me and I'm not sure what to think. what really gets me is that in the 3 tests theyve done apart from the platlet levels they still cant pinpoint whats wrong..... if it was cancer would it have shown up? that's my biggest worry that it will be something so serious. i'm losing my appetite and negelect myself worrying and fussing over him making sure he's getting everything he needs (healthy meals, multivitamins, milk) during the day. it can be trying sometimes because like i said he can be fussy and tbh hes probably sick of me!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply