It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board

• 4 Year old with anxiety

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-21-2020, 01:06 PM   #1
    josue11
    (male)

josue11 HB User
    4 Year old with anxiety

Hi, we got a new baby last week, and since we arrive home my older daughter( 4 year old) when it's bed time start crying and saying she is feeling she wants to throw up. She says that is because the new sister but doesn't know why.
    Some explanation :
    Before my new daughter born, the older one come quite often to our bed in the night. Sometimes early night, sometimes, in the morning already, sometimes she would sleep all night in her bed.
    In the approach of the baby coming we told the older one, that after the new baby come would be difficult to happen, because the bed have no space for so many people, but we always guarantee to her that she could come to the room and call me and I would help her go back to sleep in her bed.
    I don't know if we pressure her to much, but for one week she is getting nervous and anxious when it's bed time...
    Even to put her to sleep she wants now that someone is there with her, when before, we would read a story for her and leave the room with door open and she would fall asleep...
    I tried some breathing exercises, they are helping I think but she is still fragile..
    Anyone had some similar experience?
    Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    anxiety, siblings