It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board

• 9 month old with WHITE TINY BUMP INSIDE MOUTH!!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-29-2004, 04:42 PM   #1
    harvest46
    Inactive
    (female)

harvest46 HB User
    9 month old with WHITE TINY BUMP INSIDE MOUTH!!!!

My 9 month old son had a very high fever 103.4 3 days ago and then the doctor thinks it is Acute gastenteritis....but, she didn't notice that she had white tiny bumps inside his mouth. it is also viral. DOES any body knows what it is ? HE HAS NOT BEEN EATING FOR 4 days. I am worried like Hell. and also.... his fever is not gone but he seems to be in pain !!!
    gosh, he lost over one pound already in 4 days. and i am just heartbroken to see him so sick. The doctor said it is Viral so no medications just some gel stuff to put inside the mouth for numbing that part but it is so deep in the throat area. where you swallow.
    Anyways. does anyone have any idea what it possibly can be ????
    When does it heal ?
    it is our 5th day already and he is not eating still !!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2004, 06:30 PM   #2
    batmom2918
    (female)

batmom2918 HB User
    Re: 9 month old with WHITE TINY BUMP INSIDE MOUTH!!!!

it could be thrush and it does cauz them to not want to eat. if it is thrush you need nystatin(spellling?) or try yogurt some say that works.

Old 01-30-2004, 11:45 AM   #3
    PinkPiglet
    Veteran
    (female)

PinkPiglet HB User

My son was about 9 months when he had a high fever. When the white bumps turned up the dr. immediately knew it was pnemonia. I'd take him in for a check as soon as possible.

Old 02-05-2004, 08:06 AM   #4
    pdn

pdn HB User

hi i was gonna say thrush also!!my daughter contacted it becuse she had been on meds for earaches.they gave me this stuff that was like blue dye that had to be put in her mouth 2 times a day turned her mouth totally all blue.
    but i would most definatly take him in especially with the not eating.
    And also to ease your worries it is much better to be safe.

Old 02-08-2004, 06:14 AM   #5
    ozark

ozark HB User

it could be foot and mouth ,a herpes virus in the mouth and throat ...my kids had it....its painful at times and difficult to drink ....it does pass, but i cant remember how long it takes

Old 02-18-2004, 06:54 AM   #6
    lane7eir
    Veteran
    (female)

lane7eir HB User

my first thought is hand foot & mouth disease aka coxsackie virus like ozark said. my son had it when he was about 1 1/2 years old. he started with a pretty high fever 102-103 and would only drink diluted apple juice. after about a day of this, i ran him to the pediatrician, she found the white spots on his gums (looks like mouth ulcers that adult get) and a couple tiny ones on his feet. ran it's course in about 3 days. the good thing about coxsackie is it's like chicken pox, you get it once and then you are immune. riding out the fever and worrying over the not eating is hard. just make sure your child is taking in plenty of fluids. maybe try some yogurt since it's cold and smooth.

Old 06-21-2004, 08:41 AM   #7
    Singleladypat35

Singleladypat35 HB User

mother of 4 when my kids had white bumps in their mouths ......it comes from when you dont clean their mouth out after they finish drinking milk and if you dont clean it out it will lead to the thrush and it will spread and can be very painful.....so my suggestion is to clean their mouth out with a washcloth and or give a bottle of water after they drink milk .......helps to prevent trush from occuring!! Hope this helped

Old 06-25-2004, 06:05 PM   #8
    matt'smom
    Inactive

matt'smom HB User

Hi! I think it sounds like 'coxsackie virus" otherwise known as hand, foot and mouth disease. My little boy just had it. He had a fever for 4 straight days, and white, blistery patches in his mouth, which made him unable to eat or drink anything. I was so worried. I took him to the doc twice thinking that it was strep throat, but it was
    coxsackie. Ask your doctor. Thrush doesn't cause fever, but can cause a white "coating" on the toungue, lips, and cheeks.

Hope that helps.
    Matt's mom

Closed Thread