It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board

• nose surgery for a 11 year old???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-31-2004, 09:39 AM   #1
    NC_mom

NC_mom HB User
    Unhappy nose surgery for a 11 year old???

undefinedundefinedI have a 11 year old daughter(be 12 in few weeks)and she has bad sinus problems.At 1st her doctor said he wouldnt do surgery on her til she was 15 because it could stop her nose from growing but now after testes he says it has to be done soon because she has broken her nose(which we didnt know)and her nose on the right side is blocked and said the left side isnt much better and thats why she is keeping sinus infections.I like to know if any1 has a child or knows a child that has had this done at her age and if they had any problems.Im so worried i will do wrong thing because if i let them do the surgery it could stop her nose from growing and if i dont do it she will just keep getting sick.thanks alot for any replays i can get

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2004, 09:46 AM   #2
    ozark

ozark HB User
    Re: nose surgery for a 11 year old???

i've never heard of having surgery on your sinuses causing your nose to stop growing....many children have nasal surgeries and i never heard of that being a "complicaton".....she probably needs her sinus to be drained which will help with breathing and infections..good luck

Old 01-31-2004, 09:49 AM   #3
    NC_mom

NC_mom HB User
    Unhappy Re: nose surgery for a 11 year old???

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ozark
    i've never heard of having surgery on your sinuses causing your nose to stop growing....many children have nasal surgeries and i never heard of that being a "complicaton".....she probably needs her sinus to be drained which will help with breathing and infections..good luck
    the doc said he would have to fix the bone in her nose because its blocking thats why he said it could stop the growing of her nose because of resetting her nose..thanks

Old 01-31-2004, 09:51 AM   #4
    NC_mom

NC_mom HB User
    Re: nose surgery for a 11 year old???

the doc said he would have to fix the bone in her nose because its blocking thats why he said it could stop the growing of her nose because of resetting her nose..thanks

Closed Thread