It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board

• Red Spots on Daughter's Back - Please Help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-30-2007, 06:51 PM   #1
    tinamarie0914
    (female)

tinamarie0914 HB User
    Unhappy Red Spots on Daughter's Back - Please Help!

Hi...I just saw my 8 year old daughter as she was getting in the shower and noticed red spots a little smaller than a dime on four of her vertebrae on her lower back. I had her bend over so her spine would show a little better and these spots are right on top of the bone - they are nowhere else on her skin. Has anyone seen anything like this before? We're struggling with severe sores she has in her mouth so whenever I see anything else I get concerned. These spots on her back are not raised, do not have any pus or anything like that - they are flat, red circles. I noticed one of them yesterday when she was swimming, but didn't think anything of it, but now I see there are three more. I'd really appreciate any insight any of you may have!

Thank you!

Tina

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2007, 02:52 AM   #2
    Seraph
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
    Re: Red Spots on Daughter's Back - Please Help!

Is it possible that they are pressure points from where she leans back in her chair? The skin over the spine does not have much subcutaneous fat under there,and can be quite prone to marks from pressure. Press down on one with a glass tumbler, looking through the bottom of it and see if they fade away with this pressure.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:38 AM   #3
    tinamarie0914
    (female)

tinamarie0914 HB User
    Re: Red Spots on Daughter's Back - Please Help!

Hi Seraph:

I think that's exactly what they are! When I checked them again this morning they are definitely lighter and she told me about a game she had played yesterday where she laid on her back with her legs in the air for a long time (being the competitive kid that she is she had to win!). I asked her to show me how she did it and sure enough her spine was taking the pressure. I realize now I panicked for nothing, but we had a cancer scare with her a year and a half ago, so now I freak out over anything that doesn't look right!

Thanks again for your quick reply!

Tina

Closed Thread