It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board

• How do I get my four-year-old to stop urinating in her pants?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-14-2007, 11:06 AM   #1
    abhbfs
    (female)

abhbfs HB User
    How do I get my four-year-old to stop urinating in her pants?

How do I get my four-year-old to stop urinating in her pants?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2007, 07:01 AM   #2
    soccermom128
    (female)

soccermom128 HB User
    Re: How do I get my four-year-old to stop urinating in her pants?

Do you have her in Pull ups or diapers? If you're sure she doesn't have a medical condition, let her walk around in wet pants for awhile. Have her wear "training pants" (the thicker, more absorbent underwear). It will prevent a bigger mess yet will still be uncomfortable when wet.

Tell her when she uses the toilet like a big girl, she can pick out fun underwear with whatever she likes on them.

Don't make a really big deal out of it. It may be just a control thing for her. When she does make it through a day without wetting her pants, really encourage her & at that time make a big deal out of it.

Kids generally like attention from positive behaviors more than negative.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:46 AM   #3
    athome1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

athome1 HB User
    Re: How do I get my four-year-old to stop urinating in her pants?

I agree with the PP, but beware of the training pants. Although they do help, they do leak, right down their legs on on to your sofa. Found that out the hard way (several times). Has your daughter ever had a period of time where she was doing well with her training? I ask this b/c my 4 year old son, regressed when he was 3 1/2. After we had my daughter, my son started to wet his pants again. I thought we were doing so well, but then he peed his pants about 4 times a day for about 2-3 months! We had to have a little talk. I told him he would have to go back to diapers like his 2 year old brother if he was going to keep wetting his pants. I kept on top of him and made sure to look for any signs that he might have to go. I also made a game out of it by challenging him to a race to the bathroom b/f we were to leave the house. Whoever got to the bathroom first and peed, won. Of course I only had to go as far as pretending to race him to the bathroom and it worked. Make sure she doesn't go any long periods of time or get too engrossed in anything. If my son started playing outside in his sandbox, he would get so focused, he'd wet his pants.

Good luck!

Closed Thread