It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board

• Genital problems with boys!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
    Toshiro
    (male)

Toshiro HB User
    Question Genital problems with boys!

I'm going to start by saying that this thread is not intended for discussions or debates and please only post if it is relevant toward my questions. I'd like neither sarcasm nor discrimination either too.

None of my four little boys were circumcised when they were infants. I had thought it to be unnecessary at the time while all problems that could arise can be medicated. The oldest was constantly having infections. I tried every form of steroid medication along with gentle bathing. Following multiple doctors instructions to the word until he developed severe balantis. My youngest bunch didn't have as many issues. I finally did some research then decided after some recommendations from friends to have them circumcised; however, I didn't jump into it without first doing a lot of research plus finding an experienced surgeon.

When I met with him I had discussed I wanted their incision placed at the middle of their penile shafts to avoid removing too much skin as well as allowing any loose skin to pull away from their glans. The oldest was younger than twelve, so all of them avoided a freehand procedure. We made sure we discussed it thoroughly with them before their operations were scheduled. All of the boys were for it. Me and their doctor made it where they were operated on one after another on the same day to allow them to uplift each other and support one another through the healing process. The day had finally came. All, of course, were nervous while going to the hospital. Luckily it subsided once the friendly nurses started talking with them. The second to the youngest was first. Each one went through without any problems except one bleeding a bit while he did a freneoctomy. He was thankfully able to completely excise it to treat a complication in time including preventing future problems with them. One was born without it. The doc used a liquid stitch to prevent their genitals from injury. It went very well.

Groggy, they slept the whole way home. It was cute watching them sleep in the back seat. The next day the boys were pretty sore. That didn't stop them from occasionally running around the house. I let them go around naked, something the youngest two did already mind you, to let it breathe and let them enjoy some days of simple innocence. A few weeks later they were healed with the skin flaring away from their glans. My oldest son's balantis was finally gone. They love how their bodies feel now. None are having any issues with their private parts anymore. They've roughhoused on the carpet and grass without a blemish. I'm very proud of my decision.

I haven't spoke or seen the doctor for some time now. We're planning to schedule a follow up here soon. Will a dermatologist fade their little scars till it is hardly visible? Can Maderma for Kids help afterward?

Last edited by Toshiro; 09-11-2011 at 01:02 PM. Reason: First edited by the Admin. My reason for editing is to fix noticeable typos and wording. Removed BBcode.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #2
    LauraLu
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User
    Re: Genital problems with boys!

I just wanted to say that I am glad your little guys are feeling better!!! That's great news for you I'm sure!

As far as the Maderma, just could always try it, but you probably won't need it. I'm not sure if it would be a big issue as it will most likely fade in time.

We had our son circumcised at birth, and he has no scar. He did bleed a bit at first too. One of the best things you can do is allow it to "breathe" (which you are already doing), and just use plain petrolatum jelly - works wonders!

Best of luck to your boys for a speedy recovery!

Old 09-29-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
    Camirae
    (female)

Camirae HB User
    Re: Genital problems with boys!

He has a scar. You just may not be able to see it yet.

OP- I wouldn't put anything on their penises. They will have scars. All circumcised men do.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
    Toshiro
    (male)

Toshiro HB User
    Talking News update!

Our boys had their followups. They are very healthy and comfortable with themselves. The doctor did recommended us to a pediatric dermatologist to answer my questions in further detail. Their doctor said it is not something to really worry about, but he made an appointment anyhow to see whether or not they could reduce any physical scarring while they are still children being as kids heal better than adults do.

Last edited by Mo-S4; 10-09-2011 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Unnecessary comments removed.

Closed Thread