It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board

• Sick for months, doctors don't know why.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-19-2015, 08:34 PM   #1
    Friendofufriend
    (male)

Friendofufriend HB User
    Sick for months, doctors don't know why.

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting. As the title says, I've been sick for over 4 months for no apparent reason. I am a 23 year old male and I have had a clean bill of health up until now and I'm really worried at this point that I will never get better. I keep visiting doctors and I keep showing normal on all my bloodwork and other tests. I just came down with a cold one day and it never went away. My symptoms are: constant sore throat, constant headache, fatigue/weakness, delrium/brainfog, chest pain and chest swelling, neck pain/stiffness, dryness/tired eyes, earaches. All of these symptoms are to an extreme level and its really affected my life as i can't work anymore, and doctors fail to reveal answers. Essentially i just feel like a shell of my former self, a zombie. If anyone else has experienced anything similar i would be interested in hearing about it. Especially if you have found a solution. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2015, 03:04 PM   #2
    Jane3030
    (female)

Jane3030 HB User
    Smile Re: Sick for months, doctors don't know why.

Hi,

My Daughter at the age of 22 was eventually diagnosed with ME 7 years ago, and like you she had to give up her job as she felt too tired and had no energy, she put on weight and stayed in bed most of the time, had constant headaches , foggy head, achy body/legs, extreme temperatures from hot - cold, cold icy feet and tired eyes just like symptoms of migraines, achy bruised look underneath her eyes which is a symptom of ME.
    All blood tests came back negative, but eventually and with much persistence from myself she was sent to a ME clinic where she ticked all the boxes.
    ME seems to affect people who have active and busy lifestyles, my Daughter had a cold which wouldn't go away, which was worrying.

Friends and family unless they have had it DO NOT understand, so you cant just snap out of how you are feeling.

Remedy - I am afraid - there is none, you have to learn how to cope with your symptoms and rest, rest and rest, though resting you are not allowered to do the following:
    NO reading, books, magazines ect
    NO watching tv,
    NO playing computer games, laptops, tablets and mobiles
    NO sleeping or dozing
    Learn to say NO to friends

This does seem extreme, but it does work.
    REST is relaxing, listening to soft, calm therapeutic music for only 20 mins, no longer and NO going to sleep, 4 times a day. Its hard..so you need to be patient.

The clinic works and teaches you to do simple tasks, to start, only doing one task a day in between RESTING if you go food shopping and then drive/walk somewhere that's too much...takes time

Take Magnesium (high dose if you can) for achy body and legs it stops symptoms.
    Headaches/tired eyes/foggy head/ - Chiropractor this really helped
    All other symptoms including depression - a herbalist - brilliant

With doing all these things and changing her diet, eating healthy she has lost weight, is back to size 8 again and is also back at work full-time. ( I am a proud Mum)

She will always suffer with ME but has learnt how to cope everyday, and take it easy if she over does it. She still has one/two 20min rest daily.

I hope this has really helped. Just remember rest, rest but no deep sleeping.

Also, Please get in touch if you would like any other advise. Good luck

Last edited by Jane3030; 07-08-2015 at 03:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 07-09-2015, 06:02 PM   #3
    kaileymichelle
    (female)

kaileymichelle HB User
    Re: Sick for months, doctors don't know why.

Hello,
    I have a very similar story to yours with about the same timeline as well. Early March 2015 I was having fainting spells and a week or so after that I was in the ER for symptoms similar to mono (puffy eyelids and lymph nodes, extreme nausea, weird unexplained feeling in my head, constant headache, exhaustion and major fatigue). They told me I probably had mono and they ran the blood work. Over and over and over again. It was negative every time. However my white blood count did show some sign of a virus or infection. About two months after that the swelling and nausea started to go away but to this day the I cannot seem to get rid of the headache, fatigue, and the strange swimming feeling in my head. I do not know how to describe it, it feels almost as though I am highly medicated but not loopy. I feel off. Foggy but not confused. I understand the brain fog you are experiencing and I know its debilitating. As of now I have seen my primary care at least a dozen times, she just tells me I still have some virus. I have also seen a neurologist and had an MRI, chest x-rays, and a CT of my sinuses. I have been picking up every little sickness such a sinus infection, UTI, yeast infection. I have also seen an ENT doctor who says I have a small cyst in my sinuses and swelling as well. So I may have to have surgery or steroids for that. But he says it is likely unrelated to my fatigue and brain fog. In addition I have been seeing a nutritionist and a chiropractor who have been trying to help me in there own ways. I am at the point where the medical system seems like it can no longer help me, hence why I have turned to alternatives. I have had every blood test done to check for thyroid problems, anemia, diabetes, low blood sugar and such. But nothing has come up. I am also looking into acupuncture therapy which I have heard works well on patients with CFS (unsure if I have CFS or not but it's worth a shot). I was a perfectly normal and healthy 21 year old female before this. I just want to get my life back. I know that's probably how you're feeling as well. We are so young to be getting sick for so long. 4 months going on 5 is tough. But I am here for moral support if you need it. And I will update you on my status and let you know if I find the problem. I would like to hear if you have made any progress as well, please get back to me. Best wished and health!

Old 07-09-2015, 08:15 PM   #4
    Friendofufriend
    (male)

Friendofufriend HB User
    Re: Sick for months, doctors don't know why.

Thanks Jane and Kelly. Well ya I've definitely have looked into CFS/ME. It's undoubtedly a possibility. Well just a little update. I have been back to the doctors a few times and have gotten a few more tests that of course came back negative. Basically most of my symptoms are still present. I have mostly bad days but sometimes things seem easier. I have taken over a month off but I'm planning on going back to work soon at least part time. Sorry I don't have anything more helpful to tell you, but I'm trying my best to stay positive. Honestly I'm not doing so bad. My plan is to just continue trying to live low stress and eat well, and have faith that my body will heal itself; considering that tests and doctors visits have cost a lot of money and still left me with no answers. Well anyways I'll keep fighting the good fight. Sorry I couldn't provide any solutions, but good luck anyways!

Last edited by Friendofufriend; 07-09-2015 at 08:16 PM.

Reply Reply

Tags
    mystery illness