It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board

Chronic Fatigue and Raw Food Diet

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2016, 08:47 AM   #1
DavidZ
(male)

DavidZ HB User
Thumbs up Chronic Fatigue and Raw Food Diet

Hello,
I wanted to ask wether anyone of you had experience whith raw food diet in order to tread chronic fatigue. You see many testimonies in the internet of people who cured their chonic fatigue with raw food. I realy want to start a raw diet now because I have no energy anymore. I did try many things including raw vegan diet for some days but I always got cravings for other food and simply had no apetite anymore on raw vegan stuff. So maybe this time I try some kind of raw paleo, including raw eggs and a bit raw meat and I will try to eat simply a more varied type of foods. Is there anyone who was able to cure his cfs with a raw diet? Any hints for keeping the diet varied so that you not have cravings for noodles cheese or whatever?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2016, 12:45 PM   #2
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Chronic Fatigue and Raw Food Diet

Hi,

I have never had Chronic Fatigue but I am a vegan and I have tried the Paleo diet and I believe the vegan diet is the healthiest. However, you shouldn't try to eat everything raw. Raw cruciferous vegetables, for example, are classified as goitrogens and will block iodine absorption, causing hypothyroidism. And one of the symptoms of hypothyroidism is lack of energy or fatigue.

Perhaps it would be best to eat just one meal per day raw, like a salad using non-cruciferous vegetables. Cruciferous vegetables should be cooked.

Raw eggs and/or raw meat could be very dangerous, in my opinion. You might end up making things worse for yourself. Certain microorganisms in raw animal protein could cause food poisoning. Meat and eggs should be fully cooked to be completely safe.

Last edited by JohnR41; 09-22-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Reply Reply

Tags
chronic fatigue, paleo diet, raw food