It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board

Extreme Fatigue for two years

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2016, 09:43 PM   #1
Everett01
(male)

Everett01 HB User
Extreme Fatigue for two years

Over two years ago I began experiencing some dizziness and increasing fatigue. I went through a bunch of tests looking for possible physical causes, MRIs, scans, and various blood tests. The result was that all they found was my thyroid was twice the size it should be so I had it removed. Nothing changed as far as how I felt but was told things would get better once the right level of synthroid was found. That level has now been found and all my tests, thyroid and others such as adrenal levels and others are now all well within normal ranges. So why has there been no change in how I feel.

I feel as though I'd be perfectly happy to spend the rest of my days just sleeping. I have no energy nor desire to do anything. Also, I have brain fog much of the time. Looking for possible answers I just completed a series of cardiac tests and all showed no problems. Strangely, by accident I found one thing that makes me feel almost normal, but it is not something I would want to do on a regular basis. I went to a hamburger joint that provides 20 ounce cups for sodas and I drank two of these of Pepsi. Twenty minutes later, I felt almost normal. The brain fog was gone and energy levels up. I know one can say it was just a sugar high, but looking at it differently, it might suggest a shortage of whatever sugar reacts with. Also there was no drop in feeling when the sugar wore off. It made me feel good for hours. I'm convinced there must be some sort of message here but I have no idea what it might be. I am not diabetic so that cannot be involved here.

Let me know if you have any thoughts as to what my body is missing that causes such fatigue and brain fog.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2016, 10:01 AM   #2
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Extreme Fatigue for two years

Sugar is high carb, so maybe you are lacking carbohydrate? What would happen if you ate other high carb foods instead of sugary sodas? Something like a lot of white bread or white potatoes.

Are you on a low carb diet?

Last edited by JohnR41; 08-31-2016 at 10:05 AM.

Old 08-31-2016, 12:52 PM   #3
Machaon
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

It could be that your energy levels were stimulated by the caffeine in the Pepsi. One way to test that would be to drink a cup of black coffee when you feel fatigued.
⇒ In 2002 BP was 151/96; readings:1,423
⇒ In 2008-2017 BP was 119/69; readings:7,514

Old 09-01-2016, 09:54 AM   #4
Harri3t
Veteran
(female)

Harri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB User

My thoughts are that it may still be your thyroid. "Normal" lab ranges are controversial and wide open to interpretation especially if your doctor is just looking at TSH and not also ordering free thyroid levels (FT3, FT4) which are the actual active thyroid hormones responsible for symptoms like fatigue and brain fog.

Can you post your last thyroid labs? You also might want to visit the thyroid board here for further reading.

Old 09-03-2016, 09:28 AM   #5
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Many people today are on high protein diets, attempting to control their weight, but I wonder how many of them know that a high protein diet can contribute to fatigue.
And it's doubtful that any medical doctor will ask about their patients' diet.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:02 AM   #6
Roppelt123
(male)

Roppelt123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett01 View Post
Over two years ago I began experiencing some dizziness and increasing fatigue. I went through a bunch of tests looking for possible physical causes, MRIs, scans, and various blood tests. The result was that all they found was my thyroid was twice the size it should be so I had it removed. Nothing changed as far as how I felt but was told things would get better once the right level of synthroid was found. That level has now been found and all my tests, thyroid and others such as adrenal levels and others are now all well within normal ranges. So why has there been no change in how I feel.

I feel as though I'd be perfectly happy to spend the rest of my days just sleeping. I have no energy nor desire to do anything. Also, I have brain fog much of the time. Looking for possible answers I just completed a series of cardiac tests and all showed no problems. Strangely, by accident I found one thing that makes me feel almost normal, but it is not something I would want to do on a regular basis. I went to a hamburger joint that provides 20 ounce cups for sodas and I drank two of these of Pepsi. Twenty minutes later, I felt almost normal. The brain fog was gone and energy levels up. I know one can say it was just a sugar high, but looking at it differently, it might suggest a shortage of whatever sugar reacts with. Also there was no drop in feeling when the sugar wore off. It made me feel good for hours. I'm convinced there must be some sort of message here but I have no idea what it might be. I am not diabetic so that cannot be involved here.

Let me know if you have any thoughts as to what my body is missing that causes such fatigue and brain fog.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:12 AM   #7
Roppelt123
(male)

Roppelt123 HB User

WOW!! I'm actually not crazy have been going through the same thing for the past six or seven years. Pretty much every possible test that relates to fatigue muscle weakness and lack of energy all negative. They could not find anything so the rheumatologist diagnosed me with the CFS. Sometimes I feel okay where I can enjoy my day but 95% of the time it is a chore to get through my day. Most of the time I feel as if I could just lie down go to sleep no matter where I am in the middle of the store concrete floor in the middle of my driveway I could actually lie down and go to sleep. It's getting so frustrating and I'm coming to the end of my rope with all of this just would like some answers or some help. Oh I have ate a couple tablespoons of sugar at one time and noticed that does make a difference

Old 09-28-2016, 11:18 AM   #8
Roppelt123
(male)

Roppelt123 HB User

I have also tried the caffeine pills energy drink route and it has almost no effect on me. I could drink to 12 ounce Red Bulls and 30 minutes later you go to sleep. I don't know what type of doctor to go to anymore to try and get help

Reply Reply

Tags
adrenal fatigue, metabolism disorders