It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board

Chronic Fatigue since teenage years ... getting worse now

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-29-2016, 05:04 PM   #1
dart110
(male)

dart110 HB User
Chronic Fatigue since teenage years ... getting worse now

Hi guys,

I was always an energetic kid, running around, was on the school soccer team, etc. In my late teens I developed very dark eyes (people thought I was getting punched in both eyes) and went to the doctors. Doctors found elevated bilirubin levels but no Hepatitis or other liver inflammation. Told me I had Gilbert's Syndrome and there was nothing to worry about as its a benign condition.

I was always able to manage my chronic fatigue by taking it easy if I felt out of breath, etc. but I tried to stay active just to stay healthy. Recently since this summer I have been extremely fatigued... almost passed out on the bus home from school one day and went to the hospital. My symptoms were extreme fatigue, nausea, tingling in hands and feet and pressure on the right side of my ribs... I had never had this happen to me before... It's not a panic attack because I've always been very social and outgoing.. I don't have anxiety issues.

Hospital discharged me because they couldn't find anything other than elevated bilirubin again.... since then I've had to quit school and work because I can barely go outside for 5 minutes without feeling like lying down on the sidewalk and going to sleep... I feel like Im going nuts, I can't even see my friends because Im too tired to do anything... just stuck at home all day

Anyone else got any advice? I feel ok in the mornings right after I wake up and then it goes downhill from there all the way till I go to bed. I spend most of my day just sitting around and trying not to tire myself out too much. If I exert myself (e.g. lift something that weighs like 20 pounds) I get really tired and have to lie down. My life is so sad right now... not sure what to do. I have no money, no job and probably lose all my friends since I can't go out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2016, 05:07 PM   #2
dart110
(male)

dart110 HB User
Re: Chronic Fatigue since teenage years... getting worse now

Just wanted to add... I don't do any drugs, no alcohol or smoking... Since I found out my liver issues during childhood I tried to be as healthy as possible, not stress the liver too much

Reply Reply