It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board

• Does it get better

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-27-2018, 10:39 PM   #1
    tammykinz
    (female)

tammykinz HB User
    Does it get better

I have had cfs symptoms for 2 months. Haven reached 6 months to get diagnosis.

Did it come on suddenly?
    Did it improve any over time ?

In december i was walking the vegas strip 30k steps a day....got a 2 week cold on return and was dieting at same time...lost 7lbs in january.

End of january boom it came on all of a sudden...weakness, extreme fatigue unable to get out of bed. On and off flu like symptoms where u feel like u are fighting something. I had strange muscle sensations for first few weeks.

Now on and off arms legs feel like jelly. I just have no energy. I feel improved somewhat over past several weeks but still laying around in bed most of the day. I also get anxiety and panic attacks.

Does cfs improve after initial months. I hope i dont always have to stay in bed

I do get up to shower sitting on a stool. I get up to bathroom. I take 1 to 3 walks in my house per day. Ranging from 50 steps to 1000 steps each time depending on my energy level.

My best day is i get in 3 10 min walks in house a day. Worst i stay in bed all day barely able to sit up. I dont sit up in chair or on couch because i feel to weak and sick then i panic.

Tell me this gets better. I am trying to eat well ...no junk

Age 42 yo married female. Mom of 2 older teen/adults.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2018, 05:35 PM   #2
    jedrider
    (male)

jedrider HB User
    Re: Does it get better

Yes, I think it gets better. Not everyone gets better. Occasionally you hear about people recovering completely, but it's hard to believe for some of us.

There are stages to the illness, so it does change and, usually, does not remain constant. Have hope and don't give up. I think you have to be a fighter, but also listen to your body. You may not have much choice in that matter, but there are always things you can do to improve the situation.

Old 07-03-2018, 04:19 AM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

One suggestion which will be tough to do if you live in the heat is to avoid heat...try to stay in the a/c ...heat zaps you faster and can make you even weaker.

I was dx with CFS about 20 years ago...5 years later, it was a wrong dx and I was dx with Multiple Sclerosis...similar presentation but until they did the MRI, they had no idea. Have you seen a Neuro? Who dx you?

Last edited by MSNik; 07-03-2018 at 04:21 AM.

Old 10-29-2018, 01:42 PM   #4
    CFSsister
    (female)

CFSsister HB User

Hello,

I'm sorry you are going through this. My suggestion is to get all the tests you can get done now, so that you can rule everything out. CFS is a diagnosis of exclusion, so getting the diagnosis opens a new array of questions, including what subset of CFS you have. There is a percentage of people who recover and the majority of that percentage is made up of people experiencing CFS for under 5 years. I hope you will be part of that group if you are diagnosed.

My sister has CFS, and the key to hers has been to try to assimilate as quickly as possible to new challenges and enjoy life as best as possible within those new challenges.

Best wishes to you.

Old 05-05-2020, 07:08 AM   #5
    Himobite

Himobite HB User

I'm not sure if I have it or if just all this lockdown is to draining for me

Reply Reply