It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board

• Very tired all of the time

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-30-2020, 11:42 AM   #1
    comeonnow
    Veteran
    (female)

comeonnow HB User
    Unhappy Very tired all of the time

I sit up with my hubby till about midnight watching tv and all evening long feel like sleeping when I'm sitting on the couch with him. I would like to get out of bed at a decent hour, like about 10 am considering that I go to bed around 1 am, but when I'm in bed I feel like I haven't slept enough, so I stay in bed until about 4 pm. In all that time though, I think I hardly even sleep. Yet, if I get out of bed when I first wake up, I sit around wanting to fall asleep.

I'm 63 years old and this has been going on for the past several years and seems to be getting worse. I was just diagnosed with diabetes last summer and I was bitten by a tick 4 years ago and tested positive for Lyme Disease, after which I was put on an antibiotic for a month. I don't know if my being tired has anything to do with either of those things or not. I was to the dr. last week and they checked my thyroid, vitamin b12 levels, lyme, and I forget what else and they all came back okay.

I have had depression for years but voluntarily went off of my two anti-depressants a couple months ago because I didn't feel like they were making a difference anyway, and I still don't think that they were. I figured why take them if they're not helping me. They were Wellbutrin and Celexa. I was very tired years ago and was put on the Wellbutrin and noticed a big difference within a week that it made me not as tired as I had been. I think over the years, though, it stopped working on me.

At this point I just don't know what to do anymore. I really don't think the dr. does either (she's actually a physician's assistant who I see). She says she wants to wait to see if my tiredness has anything to do with a vaginal problem that I've been having for close to two months. I have no idea if it can effect me like that or not. I've had spotting off and on and sometimes cramps with it. I had an ultrasound done but the results are inconclusive because I have a fluid buildup in my cervix that they think might be hiding whatever is in there. I just hope it's nothing serious and that it can be fixed. I am half hoping that my tiredness is being caused by that problem, but my tiredness has been going on for years and I hadn't had any vaginal symptoms before two months ago.

TIA for any help anyone can give me. I'm am at my wit's end and very upset with this. . I don't get to see hubby much because I'm in bed so much, mostly fighting to TRY to get some sleep. It's like my body is balking at getting some resting sleep, but I feel like I need it so I'm in bed a lot....well, because I'm TIRED!

The following user gives a hug of support to comeonnow:
    Chainsoflove (03-31-2020)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2020, 09:46 AM   #2
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User
    Re: Very tired all of the time

I think you may be depressed. I have been depressed before and it wreaked havoc on my sleep schedule. I would go to bed at 5:00 p.m. and get up at 2:00a.m. I stayed up all day, even though I woke up so early in the morning.

Also you mentioned you have diabetes. Do you take a shot for that or a pill? You may need to have your doctor order you a A1C blood test. Diabetes can make you feel very tired when your blood sugar is low. I hope you feel your best soon. Go to the doctor and get a check up please. In my opinion, a vaginal problem wouldn't make a woman so tired that they sleep alot. Please get a doctor to examine you and get some blood tests.

Old 03-31-2020, 01:36 PM   #3
    comeonnow
    Veteran
    (female)

comeonnow HB User

I just quit my antidepressants because they weren't helping me, so I don't know what to do now as far as that goes. I've been on them for years and they quit working, so I thought that I might as well quit taking them.

I was just to the doctor (PA-C) and after blood tests were done, she told me that my blood sugar turned out to be about the same as last year. Is the test you mentioned some kind of special test that they don't usually run at the doctor's office?

I forgot to mention that I also have sleep apnea but wear a mask at night like I'm supposed to. I feel like it wakes me up a lot though more than helping me. Sometimes when I'm in bed I take it off without even realizing it and then I see that it's off the next day. For the most part, though, I wear it every night, but I don't see that it helps me. Now, I think that's all of my health problems besides ones that I don't think would have anything to do with my being tired. Well, I'll mention them anyway just in case. I have degenerative disc disease for which I use a fentanyl patch or I'd be in horrific back pain without it; GERD and I take Prilosec for that; asthma-use an albuterol inhaler for that. I think that's it now as far as my health problems.

Old 04-01-2020, 09:48 AM   #4
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User

Hi, wow I am amazed you are not sleep walking, from the hours you aren't sleeping. I can imagine how annoying a cpap mask would be for you. That brings many hours of less deep sleep. I believe you are in lots of pain from the degenerative disc disease. You have many illnesses, that need to be checked out promptly. Do you see a doctor regularly for those illnesses? No, the A1C is not a new thing doctors do. It is to check your blood sugar level. Have a good rest, and hope you feel better soon.

Old 04-01-2020, 11:10 AM   #5
    comeonnow
    Veteran
    (female)

comeonnow HB User

Yes, every three months I get blood taken and have my PA-C see me and tell me the results of my blood tests. Like you, I have trouble believing that my vaginal problem would be the cause of my being tired all of the time. I really wanted to have that problem resolved too but now just this morning the OB-GYN office called me to cancel that appointment because of the corona virus. I guess that trumps the possibility of my having something like cancer. I just can't help feeling that the longer this waits, the less chance I have of making it if it is bad news but it seems like some people just don't care about people anymore.

It's funny you should mention sleep walking. Years ago when I was in college and I lived in a dorm room with my best friend, we would always lock our room door at night before going to sleep. I still remember the night when my shower bucket mysteriously migrated from my closet to the floor in ,the middle of our room. We were baffled about that because there's no way that anyone could have gotten in our room to do that. Even if they could, I have no idea why anyone would want to do that.

She and I came to the conclusion that I must have been sleep walking and put my shower bucket on the floor, why I don't know. Up to that point, I never even thought about the possibility of me sleep walking. I don't know if it runs in the family, but my grandmother used to sleep walk, although she passed away over 30 years ago, so it's not like I can ask her any questions about it. My dad (also passed) used to talk in his sleep sometimes. I have a tendency to be a worrier and I'd fret whenever we'd have some kind of test in school. I never knew how much it affected me until another roommate in college (previous year from the one I just mentioned) told me about how one night before I had a math test I must have been dreaming about it. She was already awake before me and said that I was there laying in bed with my arm up in the air working out this one math problem and she could hear me plain as day as I was there talking about the problem as I was solving it. Since getting married, over the years neither my husband nor my kids (now 38 and 34 yo) ever mentioned anything that I talk or walk in my sleep. So maybe that was a passing thing years ago. I don't know if I ever sleep walk or not because my husband and daughter are asleep while I'm asleep and so wouldn't witness me doing it if I were doing it. However, since I do sleep strange hours, there are hours that I'm in bed when they aren't in bed.

I just have a lot of dang problems and wish that I wouldn't! It seems like most of my life has been that way, honestly. Thank goodness hubby loves me or if I'd be him, I might have considered dumping me a long time ago. Heh.

Old 04-02-2020, 05:47 AM   #6
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Hi there. My first thought is that you never should have quit your antidepressents, instead you should have talked about upping them, changing the dosage OR changing the actual medication- but quitting has simply added to the problem which has been existing for obviously quite some time...

You said they "stopped working" a long time ago...and thats very possible! But at that point, instead of continuing on- you needed to get back to your doctor to talk about changing or upping them. It's not too late, go talk to your doctor about getting back on them in a different dosage.

Next, half of your problem is allowing yourself to stay up until all hours of the night... you really need 8 hours of sleep a night and you need to get your rhythm back to some semblance of normal.

Each night force yourself to go to bed 15 minutes earlier until you are getting yourself in bed by 10 pm...and each morning, FORCE yourself to get up a half hour earlier until you are up and awake by 8 am... when the alarm goes off, GET UP. Take a walk, clean the house, throw a load of laundry in- do SOMETHING productive that makes you feel like you accomplished something. Laying around in bed is part of the depression.

You have allot of reasons why things are as they are...now its up to you to make the changes to help yourself. Good luck!

Reply Reply