It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Chronic Fatigue Message Board

  • i have a lot of weird symptoms!!

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 03-05-2004, 04:17 PM   #1
    ppiz
    Junior Member
     
    ppiz's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Location: springhill, florida
    Posts: 10
    ppiz HB User
    Red face i have a lot of weird symptoms!!

    i am a 39 year old woman, who is sick of being sick!! last year, during a stressful time, i developed a lump in the throat sensation, after about 3 months, i had a short illness, that started all my problems. i then got a tingling sensation under my chin, and pain under my chin, in a gland. then, i had tingling sensations, in my face, arms, legs, etc. dr. found nothing. then i started with a internal shakiness that never goes away( almost like i'm constantly nervous), its from my mouth, down to my feet. sometimes low grade fever, night sweats, fatique, pain in my muscles, feet, shoulder blades, thigh muscles, all the weird places. i went to the mayo clinic, say an internest, and a neurologist. i got emg, muscle biopsy, 2 mri's all kinds of blood work. all was normal, but my epstein barr was high, and it showed a past cmv infection. i had mono 22 years ago. would that have any effect, so many years later? anyone have any suggestions where to go next? i would appreciate all imput, as i am ready to go back to mayo, or someplace else. thank you donna p.s. i have had a pain under my armpit and slight swelling there, for many years

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 03-09-2004, 08:09 PM   #2
    musicgirl00
    Senior Member
     
    musicgirl00's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Posts: 108
    musicgirl00 HB User
    Re: i have a lot of weird symptoms!!

    I've been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and also Fibromyalgia and it sounds like you have a lot of the symptoms. I also had mono before and i was told by a doctor that mono never really goes away and it can always come back. I have had swollen glands and stages where i get really fatigued almost like mono again. They told me that it could be my mono coming back in smaller episodes. Something i found to help me is gatorade. I'm not sure what it does, but when i get really tired and in pain the gatorade seems to help for some reason. Its worth a try.

    It sounds to me that maybe your mono keeps coming back and that is why the swollen glands and temp.

     
    Old 03-11-2004, 01:59 AM   #3
    kelly91
    Newbie
     
    kelly91's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Posts: 2
    kelly91 HB User
    Re: i have a lot of weird symptoms!!

    Same symptoms. I am 41. I had EBV and CMV. I have found that symptoms come and go over the years depending on my stress levels and if my immune system gets run down. Most people also have systemic candida, so look into treating an internal fungal infection. Do some research on ThreeLac. It is supposed to be the best. All natural, probiotics. Craving carbs, breads, sugar? Candida is the culprit.

     
    Old 03-17-2004, 12:47 PM   #4
    Susannah
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    Susannah's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2003
    Posts: 289
    Susannah HB User
    Re: i have a lot of weird symptoms!!

    Wow, actually, you are describing a lot of the symptoms I have. I had mono last year, and still get most of these occassionally. It actually makes me feel better to hear that other people have them and that I'm not going crazy and don't have something that's going to kill me.

    When I was sick with mono, my GP suggest Tagamet to help it go away faster. I thought that was weird, but did my research on the web, and sure enough, Tagamet has been shown to be an effective antiviral and seems to especially be effective against mono and also HPV. Anyway, it did help me to get better, and still when things start getting bad again, I take 400 or 600 mg of Tagamet and it helps.

    I wish I could share the links about Tagamet here, but not allowed to, sorry!

     
    Old 03-18-2004, 08:07 AM   #5
    AnaRoman
    Junior Member
     
    AnaRoman's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Location: New York, New york
    Posts: 16
    AnaRoman HB User
    Question Re: i have a lot of weird symptoms!!

    I'm curious about the swelling and pain under your armpit - I never made the connections, but last year I found a nickle size lump under my arm and it was very sore to movement and touch - by the time I was able to get a doctor's appointment it dissapeared. Then it reappered and went away several times after that before dissapearing completely. The doctors were never able to give me any help other than it might be a reaction to a different laundry detergent or something simmilar.
    I've never been formally diagonised with Chronic Fatigue though I belive that's what is causing all my other symptoms (fatigue, muscle soreness, light headed, fait, dizzy, upset stomach, IBS, headaches, etc.). I've had all the blood tests, thryoid and such all to come back normal.

     
    Old 03-18-2004, 10:46 AM   #6
    Susannah
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    Susannah's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2003
    Posts: 289
    Susannah HB User
    Re: i have a lot of weird symptoms!!

    The armpit lump sounds like it was probably a lymph node, I know that's what all of my lumps in my armpit were during the time I had mono. They occassionally show up again. If you have chronic fatigue or Epstein Barr, chances are that you are going to be prone to have lymph nodes come and go. It's pretty annoying, especially since long-term swollen lymph nodes are one of the signs of cancer. You really never know when to worry it might be something that deserves more looking into or not.

     
    Old 03-18-2004, 08:01 PM   #7
    FarmGirl30
    Junior Member
     
    FarmGirl30's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Location: East Coast
    Posts: 49
    FarmGirl30 HB User
    Re: i have a lot of weird symptoms!!

    I thought I had CFS for quite awhile, then fibromyalgia on top of it. But, I have Lyme Disease instead! It causes almost identical symptoms: overwhelming fatigue, mood and depression problems (mine were extremely severe), cold hands and feet, lower body temp, trouble swallowing, anxiety, panic attacks, dry eyes, muscles aching, joints cracking and/or stiff, noises inside my ears, digestive probs (IBS, GERD and a stomach-emptying problem), irritable bladder, trouble getting up in morning, exaggerated response to alcohol, nightmares, insomnia, hands and feet falling alseep too easily, prickly sensations on skin from time to time, muscle weakness/soreness on exertion from time to time, shortness of breath, palpitations and many more. Does all this sound familiar? LYME DISEASE! Please get tested, at least rule it out. Im not sure that all CFS is Lyme or something, but its amazing how both diseases cause such similar symptoms and are both so poorly understood and treated! Please keep an open mind. I was SHOCKED by the way, to learn I had Lyme. I had no idea it could cause such ruin on a person!

    Peace,

    FarmGirl 30
    __________________
    Recovering from late-stage Lyme Disease after having it for 21 years and not knowing!

     
    Old 03-19-2004, 11:26 AM   #8
    Qaiphyxx
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Location: Park City, Ut, USA
    Posts: 44
    Qaiphyxx HB User
    Re: i have a lot of weird symptoms!!

    Im not sure about the epstien barr or whatever, I havent dont much reading on it though im familiar with it, but the swelling in your armpit could be due to your deodorant, they can sometimes contain aluminum and formaldehyde, try stopping your deodorant for a week or two, and if it gets a little stinky, just get some rubbing alcohol and add some baking soda, about 2 tablespoons to like... 18oz or something? I forget, just add some baking soda to some rubbing alcohol and put that on instead of deodorant, it worked pretty well for me.

     
    Old 03-19-2004, 02:16 PM   #9
    AnaRoman
    Junior Member
     
    AnaRoman's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Location: New York, New york
    Posts: 16
    AnaRoman HB User
    Re: i have a lot of weird symptoms!!

    Thanks - not sure what it was, but I haven't had the lumps for at least 6 months now, it had just never occured to me that they could be related to my other symptoms. I saw it as a seperate thing, and since my doctor at the time just kept telling me I had depression (I've been treated for depression in the past) I don't think she saw a connection either.
    I've been tested for Lyme, and it seems like everything else under the sun - good luck to everyone and thanks for the suggestions

     
    Old 03-19-2004, 07:49 PM   #10
    musicgirl00
    Senior Member
     
    musicgirl00's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Posts: 108
    musicgirl00 HB User
    Re: i have a lot of weird symptoms!!

    I have all these symptoms, how do you get tested for lyme disease?

     
    Old 03-22-2004, 07:04 AM   #11
    builder
    Senior Veteran
    (male)
     
    builder's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Location: chicago il
    Posts: 552
    builder HB Userbuilder HB User
    Re: i have a lot of weird symptoms!!

    I'm 52 and get the same burning type tingling sensations. I get that shaking feeling like I drank to much caffine every so often also. My knees, feet and shins constantly ache and burn. Sometimes feeling like a toothache. So far all the blood tests are normal. i get so exhausted when I try and do any kind of work. Been to specialists and nothing. One says I have fibromyalgia and the other says I don't. Went on thyroid medicine. helped for a while. I also am sick of this. I did not have the EMG or muscle biopsy because Neurologist claims it is Fibro. I founfd Tramadol helps a lot. It is suppose to be a synthetic form of codine, I believe. It is not expensive. Vicadin seems to have lost its effectiveness with me.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ppiz
    i am a 39 year old woman, who is sick of being sick!! last year, during a stressful time, i developed a lump in the throat sensation, after about 3 months, i had a short illness, that started all my problems. i then got a tingling sensation under my chin, and pain under my chin, in a gland. then, i had tingling sensations, in my face, arms, legs, etc. dr. found nothing. then i started with a internal shakiness that never goes away( almost like i'm constantly nervous), its from my mouth, down to my feet. sometimes low grade fever, night sweats, fatique, pain in my muscles, feet, shoulder blades, thigh muscles, all the weird places. i went to the mayo clinic, say an internest, and a neurologist. i got emg, muscle biopsy, 2 mri's all kinds of blood work. all was normal, but my epstein barr was high, and it showed a past cmv infection. i had mono 22 years ago. would that have any effect, so many years later? anyone have any suggestions where to go next? i would appreciate all imput, as i am ready to go back to mayo, or someplace else. thank you donna p.s. i have had a pain under my armpit and slight swelling there, for many years

    Last edited by builder; 03-22-2004 at 07:06 AM.

     
    Old 03-23-2004, 07:10 AM   #12
    Scotchie
    Junior Member
     
    Scotchie's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Posts: 17
    Scotchie HB User
    Re: i have a lot of weird symptoms!!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FarmGirl30
    I thought I had CFS for quite awhile, then fibromyalgia on top of it. But, I have Lyme Disease instead! It causes almost identical symptoms: Please keep an open mind. I was SHOCKED by the way, to learn I had Lyme. I had no idea it could cause such ruin on a person!

    Peace,

    FarmGirl 30
    Farm Girl,

    I am right there in the same boat sitting next to you. Went for YEARS undiagnosed and UNTREATED. It caused so much damage to my body. All of the symptoms you mentioned are my own, and many more. Yes, Lyme DOES mimic many things and should be checked for. The thing is, many of the modern tests don't always come back positive, so you can get a false negative and have it despite what these bozo doctors tell you. I wish I could have shoved a tick up every one of their ***'s for every time they told me to go see a psychiatrist for my problems, because it was all in my head! yeah right!

    In my opinion, most people don't just walk around feeling this horrible because of a past exposure or a relapse of Epstein-Barr. And fibromygalia which has become the new "default" diagnosis isn't something you just pick up after a while. There are other infectious agents that cause these conditions in the body and that is what you must search for. The Mono usually gets reactivated by another, stronger infection like, you guessed it Lyme....and a systemic candida yeast infection is a powerful runner up. I know because I have been fighting both for a very long time. Once I'm on antibiotics and an anti-yeast regimen, I have my life back!!!! So the proof is in the potion.

    The body can become stressed and mono can resurface, yes...but the serious debilitating symptoms that you listed are more often than not, Lyme disease. It has become endemic to almost every single part of this country.
    __________________
    In good health,
    Scotchie
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Mistakes are the portals of discovery

    Last edited by Scotchie; 03-23-2004 at 07:15 AM.

     
    Old 03-23-2004, 09:28 AM   #13
    builder
    Senior Veteran
    (male)
     
    builder's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Location: chicago il
    Posts: 552
    builder HB Userbuilder HB User
    Re: i have a lot of weird symptoms!!

    What doctor tested you for Candida? Allergist? Out of the 5 docs I went to, not one mentioned that. I even think I brought that up to him. I'm so sick of these doctors also. All my tests are normal. Rheumotolgist told me to see ifectious disease guy. Talked to one and he said Rheumy was nuts.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scotchie
    Farm Girl,

    I am right there in the same boat sitting next to you. Went for YEARS undiagnosed and UNTREATED. It caused so much damage to my body. All of the symptoms you mentioned are my own, and many more. Yes, Lyme DOES mimic many things and should be checked for. The thing is, many of the modern tests don't always come back positive, so you can get a false negative and have it despite what these bozo doctors tell you. I wish I could have shoved a tick up every one of their ***'s for every time they told me to go see a psychiatrist for my problems, because it was all in my head! yeah right!

    In my opinion, most people don't just walk around feeling this horrible because of a past exposure or a relapse of Epstein-Barr. And fibromygalia which has become the new "default" diagnosis isn't something you just pick up after a while. There are other infectious agents that cause these conditions in the body and that is what you must search for. The Mono usually gets reactivated by another, stronger infection like, you guessed it Lyme....and a systemic candida yeast infection is a powerful runner up. I know because I have been fighting both for a very long time. Once I'm on antibiotics and an anti-yeast regimen, I have my life back!!!! So the proof is in the potion.

    The body can become stressed and mono can resurface, yes...but the serious debilitating symptoms that you listed are more often than not, Lyme disease. It has become endemic to almost every single part of this country.

     
    Old 03-24-2004, 07:57 AM   #14
    Scotchie
    Junior Member
     
    Scotchie's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Posts: 17
    Scotchie HB User
    Re: i have a lot of weird symptoms!!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rstarre
    What doctor tested you for Candida? Allergist? Out of the 5 docs I went to, not one mentioned that. I even think I brought that up to him. I'm so sick of these doctors also. All my tests are normal. Rheumotolgist told me to see ifectious disease guy. Talked to one and he said Rheumy was nuts.
    When I first became seriously ill back in 1994, the only thing more unheard of than a systemic candida infection was Lyme Disease. Only farmers out in rural Connecticut got Lyme! Yeah sure, tell me another one! I lived in one of the most populated cities of the world and caught it by walking through the tall grass in a neighborhood park one summer night. I saw dozens of doctors from Internists to ENT's to cardiologists to neurologists and all of them kept telling me I needed a psychiatrist instead! But I knew there was something seriously wrong, my body was telling me so. It most definitely was NOT in my head and so I vowed that I would no longer look to the 'established' medical community for answers because apparently they didn't give a s***. If I sound bitter, it's because I am. If there had been one single doctor who would have truly cared and actually tried to help me back then, I wouldn't be as sick as I am today. But instead because of the NEGLIGENCE and greed of most of this country's allopathic doctors, it was only in their best interest to write a prescription and send me merrily on my way.

    After stumbling in the dark for about 5 years I slowly became very acquainted with the "alternative" medicine community online as well as through my own booksore research which eventually led me to a doctor of alternative medicine. Living in the NY-NJ area it wasn't hard to find a docor who knew and understood about 'mystery' illnesses such as CFS and EB and systemic candida. But still some of these doctors also preyed on the scared and sick and I was taken for a ride by many of them. By word of mouth and especially through sources such as the Internet I eventually found a reputable natropath who helped me with my Lyme as well as my co-infections such as yeast. You have to do some research (there's tons of info on the net) on the latest tests and doctors in your area that are actively testing and treating these conditions. It's not easy, but help is out there...definitely more than it was when I first began my journey to wellness. Basically you don't need a standard test to see if you have a yeast infection. If your tongue is always pasty white and coated, and you have some of the other symptoms of a candida infection (like I said there are thousands of sites on the net that will list them!) you can be sure that you'll benefit from an anti yeast regiment.

    If you have any more questions about anything, please feel free to post and I will do my best to help you!
    __________________
    In good health,
    Scotchie
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Mistakes are the portals of discovery

    Last edited by Scotchie; 03-24-2004 at 08:01 AM.

     
    Closed Thread




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:03 PM.





    © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!