It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board

• Chronic Fatigue or Lyme Disease?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-08-2005, 02:50 PM   #1
    deejavu
    Inactive

deejavu HB User
    Chronic Fatigue or Lyme Disease?

Hi all,

I was reading many of your posts and I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue many years ago and I found out I really have Lyme Disease. Many of the symptoms are the same, the only difference is that there is no medical proof of the cause of Chronic Fatigue. There is medical proof of Lyme Disease.

If anyone is interested, check out the posts under Lyme.

One has nothing to lose by getting tested for Lyme Disease and if you plan on getting tested, please make sure your blood goes to the Igenix Lab in California. My blood went to local labs on Long Island and they all tested negative due to reasons I would not like to state at this point.

The Igenix Lab is the best in the United States for Lyme Testing.

Good luck all!
    Deejavu

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2005, 02:45 PM   #2
    CFD 333
    Inactive
    (male)

CFD 333 HB User
    Re: Chronic Fatigue or Lyme Disease?

Here is my summary of excellent information provided by Burke A Cunha, MD. He is the Professor of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook School of Medicine; Chief, Infectious Disease Division, Vice-Chair, Department of Internal Medicine, Winthrop-University Hospital. I hope this information will aid some of you who, like me, have been torn between a Chronic Lyme Disease/Chronic Fatigue Sydnrome diagnosis.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) may be readily differentiated from Lyme disease in various ways. Patients may have elevated IgG Lyme titers detected through serum blood testing but very few of them will ever actually have neuroborreliosis (infection and inflammation of nervous system from Lyme Disease), which must be diagnosed by doing simultaneous cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) and serum IgM and IgG Lyme titers. If the CSF titers are higher than those simultaneously obtained from the serum, then the patient has neuroborreliosis. Most patients with acute Lyme disease have a neurologic component, but chronic neuroborreliosis is distinctly uncommon. Patients with chronic neuroborreliosis do not have the same cognitive defects as patients with CFS and fatigue usually is not present.

Any comments are welcomed and encouraged...Thank you.

Last edited by CFD 333; 04-26-2005 at 12:27 PM.

Closed Thread