It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board

• No energy, help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-20-2005, 01:02 PM   #1
    angelkitty081

angelkitty081 HB User
    Question No energy, help!

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to increase energy levels. I've been taking Zoloft 100mg and Celebrex. I've been on the zoloft for 2 years for mood swings. Since I've been on it I've had no sex drive. Not low but zero. I went to the doctor yesterday and he switched me to Welbutrin Xl 300mg. I read that it had less sexual side effects and a stimulant type effect which would be good because I am tired all the time. I sleep fine at night but when I get up in the morning I am still so tired all day long. It's like I am struggling to stay awake. I don't sleep at all during the day but just have no energy. The doctor said I have anemia as well so I've been taking iron and vitamins but it's not helping to give me energy. I excersise and I am still so tired. Even that doesn't boost me up at all. Any suggestions would be great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2005, 11:25 AM   #2
    eccentric
    (female)

eccentric HB User
    Re: No energy, help!

try herbal remedies they work for me!

Old 05-29-2005, 11:27 AM   #3
    angelkitty081

angelkitty081 HB User

any particular kind or just something that says energy?

Old 06-01-2005, 12:49 PM   #4
    ballina
    (female)

ballina HB User

hi angelkitty081. Im sorry you feel so tired all the time you sound like a young girl to me ? Im an old fogey lol I too have no energy and i havent now properlly for the past 10 years. Have you been checked for anything ? It may be a virus thats slowing you down or it could be a problem with your thyroid has anyone in your family had any problems with any thing off that nature? you need to find out asmuch info as you can.
    I wish you all the best and hope you feel much better soon ballina UK

Old 06-27-2005, 04:45 PM   #5
    Musclesnjoints
    Inactive

Musclesnjoints HB User
    Wink Re: No energy, help!

My doctor gives me Dexedrine. I take 2-3 a day. They will give you a lot of energy if you are not extremely ill and will give you some if you are. I would definately try them. I would not be able to take my children to school without them.

Good Luck!

Old 07-06-2005, 02:04 PM   #6
    NaeNae

NaeNae HB User

What is Dexedrine? I'm on Provigil, but it's getting old real quick. I'll post another topic not to hijack this original, but I've got the same problem. But just wondering what Dexedrine is?

Thanks!

Old 07-14-2005, 04:16 PM   #7
    sha~sha
    (female)

sha~sha HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by angelkitty081
    any particular kind or just something that says energy?
    well personally, well my therapist put me on a B-12 and fish oil omega 3 and 6 fatty acid-B vitamins naturally are for energy and fish oil is good for your joints-i would look into a B-12 supplement and pos****ily omega 3 and 6 fatty acid{fish oil} hope i helped some too!

Old 07-15-2005, 05:45 PM   #8
    zuzu2
    (female)

zuzu2 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NaeNae
    What is Dexedrine? I'm on Provigil, but it's getting old real quick. I'll post another topic not to hijack this original, but I've got the same problem. But just wondering what Dexedrine is?

Thanks!
    hi,
    dexedrine is speed, its an amphetamine, and its addictive. i wouldnt recommend it for u. i know from experience how badly u want to feel energy, but please dont resort to this drug. zuzu2

Old 07-17-2005, 02:49 PM   #9
    itsmylife
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

itsmylife HB User

Seriously investigate bacterial illnesses like Lyme Disease.

Old 07-19-2005, 10:17 PM   #10
    NaeNae

NaeNae HB User

Thanks ZuZu,

I've sort of been down that road. I have to take painkillers for my back (which doesn't help with the tiredness), and while I'm not addicted, my body is dependant. So I know what it's like to have to experience withdrawls and how your body reacts if you miss a dose or two.

When I was first dx with sleep apnea, my psychiatrist wanted to give me Provigil (he knew I had the apnea, but of course wasn't treating me for it), for the fatigue I was getting from the antidepressant he had me on at the time (Effexor). It took a bunch of loops to get it approved from insurance (long, long story) since it's so expensive and one of the grounds I could possibly have it approved was if I tried Adderall or Ritalin instead first. It's nice at what great lengths our insurance company will go to to save money-put me on an addictive med first, then if that doesn't work, go ahead with the better for you-non addictive med. Anyway, both made me nauseus after a few days of use and didn't help me much more with energy than my Provigil did. So I called my dr. back and he said, "Great! That's all I need to know." It was then that he could call the insurance company to say I've tried Ritalin and Adderall, they both made me sick and can they finally approve the Provigil? Then, they did. I had just enough Ritalin at the time to take a few, by the time the bottle was done (about a weeks worth), I was done with that one! When he prescribed Adderrall, he gave me about a months worth and again, it took a few days to realize I didn't like it. I still have it and if I'm out of Provigil, I'll use it as directed for a day or two. Like 2 weeks ago my doctor was out of town when I ran out and needed a refill, I called on a Friday-(I have a bad habit of waiting until I'm totally out)-his voice mail said he wouldn't be back until Monday and if you need something important call another doctor (he gave her extension) in the practice and she can help. I really didn't want to bother her since he'd be back the next business day (Monday) and it wasn't like I was out of my antidepressant. So, I tried to go without anything Saturday and felt DEAD. I was SO tired and sluggish. I took one Adderal like I have done a few times in the past, and felt a bit better, enough to get some chores done. I hear stories (and see on TV) that these drugs make you hyper like a mad woman and I don't find that. It just helps me to function at what a normal person would. I can take up to 2 a day, but usually 1 is enough. Then again, if I'm still taking it by day 3, the nausea sets in, which was my problem with it in the first place. So, like I said, it's good to have to use in a pinch. I'm sure the strength isn't too great on it now, that same bottle of 30 has lasted me about 2 years now.

So, thanks for answering my question, I never thought of the official name, now it makes sense. Just wanted to let ya'll know my story with it while I was at it!

Thanks again!

Old 08-03-2005, 01:07 AM   #11
    zuzu2
    (female)

zuzu2 HB User
    have u tried an over the counter products called Stabillium 200. its a very deep sea fish, ive been on it and it has helped . there is also a product called Taurox that ive read is good for fatigue. i cant take it because i have auto-immune Hashimotos thyroiditis, which is contraindicated.

Last edited by zuzu2; 08-03-2005 at 01:16 AM.

Old 08-03-2005, 05:32 AM   #12
    angelkitty081

angelkitty081 HB User

I have been taking Welbutrin now and I don't feel so tired. As soon as I wake up in the mornings I go walk three miles, that has aslo been a great help. I had more lab work and the iron is back to normal. So yay! I think everything is good now. Thanks for the help everyone!

Old 08-05-2005, 12:40 PM   #13
    NaeNae

NaeNae HB User

Good for your Angelkitty! I've been on Wellbuterin for about 6 months now and it hasn't helped in one bit. He told me the 2 biggest side effects were loss of appetite and energy, so I said, "Bring it on!" I could DEFINETLY use those side effects. I've seen neither. Sometimes I think I'm a helpless cause. I take Lexapro, too, which have the opposite side effects (fatigue and weight gain), so I'm thinking of asking him when I go in on Monday if he thinks taking the Lexapro away would help. Cause I'm not feeling a little bit less depressed. I still feel the same-depressed and tired.

Those walks I'm sure are definetly helping you as well! Everyone says when they excersise, they feel so much better and have more energy, I swear it puts me to sleep after. I just want a big nap after being on my treadmill.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread, but mentioning Wellbuterin triggered some throughts from me.

Glad your feeling better!

Old 08-07-2005, 02:52 PM   #14
    Lolligirl63
    (female)

Lolligirl63 HB User
    Talking Re: No energy, help!

Diet and exercise keeps my energy up. I'm on low fat,which means I
    don't eat heavy foods,which boosts my energy level. I also drink
    plenty water,which keeps me from dehydrating,which helps keep
    me from falling into fatigue.
    Lolli

Old 08-08-2005, 07:05 PM   #15
    notpain
    Inactive
    (male)

notpain HB User

Do you think maybe the pills - antidepressants may be doing it? Hmmmm Maybe if you took a different pill? Then another after that, or maybe more pills. I think you already know the problem. Make a list of all the diseases that antidepressants "CURE", then figure out if you have on of those diseases. And if you don't them maybe it's time to figure out why you are really depressed and toss the pills in the garbage. Antidepressants are the duct tape of the Phychological world. And unfortunately while duct tape may be a nice short term fix, in the long run it simply doesn't hold up.

Closed Thread