It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board

• Can Mono Come back??? Please Help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-08-2003, 12:17 PM   #1
    Catcher3108

Catcher3108 HB User
    Post Can Mono Come back??? Please Help

I was positive for mono in January 2003, I felt a little better then think I over did it per say. I now started feeling my glands in my neck getting larger and started not feeling like myself. I was thinking it could be something much worse than mono like HIV, but i only had one sex act and it was fully protected...Is it possible that I still have my mono...It was only 3 months ago. Pleae help. Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2003, 04:46 PM   #2
    N2golf
    Inactive

N2golf HB User
    Once you have Mono, it stays with you for life! It just lies dormat in your spine and can pop up at anytime when your immunity is down due to lack of sleep, stress, diet etc...I'm surprised that your Dr. didn't tell you this. You can go into the Mayo clinic website and pull up info about Mono. My sister has it and deals with it from time to time also.

Good luck and take vitamins, get plenty of excercise and eat well!

Old 06-01-2003, 11:39 AM   #3
    hatebeingsick

hatebeingsick HB User
    GOOD QUESTION......... i've talked to many many doctors, and they all have different opinions about this. most of them say that once you've had mono the chance that you will get it again is extremely rare but still it is possible. but i had mono in decmember and now my doctor is convinced that i have a relapse....so "rare" or not yes it is possible

Old 06-01-2003, 12:19 PM   #4
    hatebeingsick

hatebeingsick HB User
    A GOOD TIP FOR ANY1 WHO HAS MONO..............................

i've read in alot of different books and have seen myself that if you have mono but have a positive attitude that mono is not that serious and you know you are getting better and feel happier that you will recover quicker!

also i read that after the bad symptoms of mono disapear it is good to resume normal activites as soon as possible (with some restrictions ofcourse) and that helps you recover faster as well.

Old 08-05-2007, 04:01 PM   #5
    nicklombo
    (male)

nicklombo HB User
    Question Re: Can Mono Come back??? Please Help

I need help myself and I don’t know how to create a "new thread." here's the deal: I was dx with mono a little less than a month ago. My symptoms were: severe soar throat, fever/chills, enlarged tonsil glands, and a "white" tongue. My symptoms only really lasted for a week before they disappeared. My doctor told me I could start exercising again after 2 weeks or so. He limited my activity to bike riding, swimming, and elliptical only. He also told me I could begin lifting again. He never said anything about starting slow, so I trained at a decent level. So now I'm a week away from being allowed to proceed with contact sports again. I've been preparing this entire summer for my fall season. About 3 days ago i developed what seemed like a cold. I had a stuffy nose and a cough, but that was the extent of it. Now, as of this morning, I have a mild soar throat, mild drainage, stuffiness, a cough, a white tongue, and my throat glands feel like they're getting larger. I'm EXTREMELY nervous that this is a relapse. But I’m not exactly sure what a relapse is. Does it mean that I get all the old symptoms but my Spleen doesn't enlarge again? Please advise!!!!!!

Last edited by nicklombo; 08-05-2007 at 04:04 PM.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:34 PM   #6
    c2dmetalgtr
    (male)

c2dmetalgtr HB User
    Exclamation Re: Can Mono Come back??? Please Help

I registered here just so could post this. but ive read many and many symptoms of mono, and some were close to mine but not exactly. i was DX with mono in November of 2007 right around my 21st b-day........what a bummer right?. its was the worst month of my life and i still didnt feel normal for weeks after that. I have a detailed explanation of the spymtoms that i had experienced.

It first started out as a sore throat and swollen glands (neck).
    soon after that i began to get a fever. but the funny thing was, before i knew that i had mono i kept having repeated fevers but only late in the evening of each day. but when i was sleeping i would sweat so much and get awakened so many times throughout the night i couldn't stand it. and when i was awakened, was when my fever would be at its highest. the highest fever i had reached was (104.1 F). i had never felt so bad, and they say at that temperature, you should go to the hospital.

I had found that breaking a fever is very simple. im not saying this works for all but, 2 tylenol's did the trick on lowering my fever every time. Over the period of weeks that i had suffered i ended up losing somewhere around 12 lbs. And for me thats bad......(5'7".....140lbs...with a fast metabolism). i had lost my appetite severely...but you have to make your self eat no matter what, and drink tons of water. After sweating that much continually you need to drink a ton of water or something to keep you hydrated. The entire time i was ill i had a strange taste in my mouth. ill never forget that. Mono was the most draining and worst experience i had ever had and i dont wish it on anyone............

im posted cause i had a feeling now that im having a relapse. its been 2 nights in a row that i have fevered at night. as soon as i know ill post again....

blaine_

Closed Thread