It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board

How to find a Doctor

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Crossville, TN USA
Posts: 1
yorksub HB User
How to find a Doctor

How can I find a doctor who works with CFS/EVB?

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 04-26-2008, 03:19 PM   #2
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Grand Terrace, CA, USA
Posts: 18
parisean HB User
Re: How to find a Doctor

Do a search online!
Type in: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome + Doctor + (your city)
See what comes up!

Last edited by parisean; 04-26-2008 at 03:20 PM.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:15 AM   #3
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal, canada
Posts: 12
prussianblue HB User
Re: How to find a Doctor

Hi Yorksub
Try to see a rheumatologist - that's the one who diagnosed me. My GP referred me to one after all the other blood tests and scans turned out "unremarkable". Because they are trained to diagnose Fibromyalgia or Lupus which have similar symptoms to CFS, and once eliminated, a short interview is all a rheumatologist needs to make a tentative conclusion , with a follow up later (no tests for CFS yet). Good luck.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 604
itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User
Re: How to find a Doctor

You can read up about this with Dr. Teitelbaum-he has a whole thing on end fatigue. I was diagnosed by a integrated doctor. Thats an MD who knows complimentary medicine. You need to do a lot of searches in your area for complimentary doctors, or integrated doctors, or altenative med. doctors. I would just make sure they are doctors as well (MD) why not have the best of both worlds.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
how do I find a doctor Cloverberry52 Aging Issues 11 01-23-2007 04:43 AM
How to find a spine specialist in your area Quietcook Back Problems 25 04-03-2006 10:13 PM
Should I see an immunologist, and how do I find one? PatNJ Immune Disorders 52 08-05-2005 09:42 AM
how can I find a good MS doctor? Rorie Multiple Sclerosis 4 05-19-2005 08:39 AM
help???doctor cant find anything wrong so far wolflover7470 Heart Disorders 17 05-14-2005 07:33 PM
DR is leaving practice - Cant find new DR to continue Meds!!! WalkingPharmacy Pain Management 19 10-12-2004 01:52 AM
Curious as if I should seek to find another doc? heather38562 High & Low Blood Pressure 4 08-08-2004 04:27 PM
Ever find out something about your Dr. that makes you see him in a different light? wfc33 Pain Management 11 01-31-2004 12:43 AM
Wish I could find a sub Dr. samilam Addiction & Recovery 9 01-14-2004 03:44 PM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:43 PM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!