It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board

Fibromyalgia/herpes virus

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
anrolrerahs
(female)

anrolrerahs HB User
Fibromyalgia/herpes virus

How can I get rid of fibromyalgia and herpes virus? I've tried the high lysine/low arginine diet and taking lysine supplements, but it actually made me feel worse.

I do not want to take any drugs for the fibromyalgia because I'm super sensitive to drugs and normally have adverse reactions to them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2009, 04:04 AM   #2
shannyk
(female)

shannyk HB User
Re: Fibromyalgia/herpes virus

Hi anrolrerah,
Ive had herpies for over 40 years, use to break out with them all over my face, up my nose and down my throat, the doctors werent sure what it was at first. After years of constant breakouts they finally said herpies then said not contageous and never treated me for it(was in the early 70's). I realized at 20 that Im allergic to oranges and anything with orange in it as it always causes me to break out with herpies, found this out purly by accident. I can take vitamin c from rose hips but not the normal citric c. When I was in my thirties I tried lysine several times it only made it worse, dont know why. It wasnt till 2 years ago I was finally treated for them as I now have herpies in my spinal column. I take Aciclvor, which has really helped. At first was on a large dose of it, but now I take a maintence dose and havent had an outbreak for over a year. You might want to go back to your doctor if its not working to try something else.
Hope you get some relief soon.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:42 AM   #3
seeksbliss
(female)

seeksbliss HB User

Does the herpes virus in your spine stay with you all the time or does it only flare up with an OB? I already have back troubles and have noticed a completely different type of back discomfort the two months before my first OB last week. Does this stay with our backs forever or do you mean the virus just settles there with no discomfort eventually?

Old 08-09-2009, 09:46 AM   #4
seeksbliss
(female)

seeksbliss HB User

I've had fibromyalgia most of my adult life and am now 56. I tried different drugs, but have given up on those and live with it. Exercise kills me, but ends up making me feel better afterwards. I have tried Ultram pain killer, and all the lesser drugs before that for short amounts of time (3 mo) to see what they'd do. Now I take Hydrocodone mostly only when I travel, so I am able to enjoy myself on trips. Riding in cars and sitting or standing for long periods of time cripples me up badly or puts me in more much intense pain. So one hydro a day or every other day doesn't get rid of all of it, but certainly makes life better for special events. A bottle of 30 lasts me close to a year, so I don't worry about getting hooked on it.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #5
shannyk
(female)

shannyk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeksbliss View Post
Does the herpes virus in your spine stay with you all the time or does it only flare up with an OB? I already have back troubles and have noticed a completely different type of back discomfort the two months before my first OB last week. Does this stay with our backs forever or do you mean the virus just settles there with no discomfort eventually?
Hi seeksbliss,
you know i dont really know. I think the virus lays dormant till an outbreak, but sometimes i have to watch if i get certain ear infections or migrain that causes palsy or high fever. When i do feel an outbreak it has been in the past to affect my ear canal and there is usually load of pressure in my neck like symptoms of meningitis along with more numbness and loss of movement in my legs and arms and have to be hospitalized and have iv antivirals.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:29 PM   #6
seeksbliss
(female)

seeksbliss HB User

Good God! You have all of those symptoms strictly from herpes! Now I'm really frightened! Thanks for your reply.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:14 AM   #7
shannyk
(female)

shannyk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeksbliss View Post
Good God! You have all of those symptoms strictly from herpes! Now I'm really frightened! Thanks for your reply.
Oh seeksbliss, please dont be frightened, i dont know how or what your body is with herpes, and what i have is extremely rare, its not in my back like how you discribed, so please dont be upset.
I had severe outbreaks for over 30 years without any kind of treatment, and was born with cleft palet and had many surgeries to fix my ears as to being deaf till 3years old, then could hear with aids, dont have any hearing aids now, spose i should but i dont ok. however, my ear canals have had so many infections that they have grown scar tissue that makes infections easy to get, and the honeycomb of little bones have grown together due to my childhood infections that make it easy for infections into the nerves that are there. This isnt something that anyone or everyone else would get, it is mainly due to the ill treatments from childhood that never saw doctors to have antibiotics to treat, used to let my eardrums rupture to heal as was little money to speak of to see a doctor, so its an unusual case, and now Im paying for the lack of treatments back over the years. And as i said before, its not something that others get, because its do to mainly that from my childhood.
Sorry to ramble on

Last edited by shannyk; 08-11-2009 at 03:17 AM.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:50 AM   #8
seeksbliss
(female)

seeksbliss HB User

Shannyk, thank you for clarification and I understand now. I'm so sorry you've had so many problems that are still causing you more problems now. Best wishes to you and I hope things get better!

Closed Thread