It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board

Chronic Fatigue because of Epstein Barr, what else can I do

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2015, 06:48 AM   #1
mj234
(male)

mj234 HB User
Chronic Fatigue because of Epstein Barr, what else can I do

I've had high levels of EBV for over a year. I have a few symptoms, mostly fatigue, brain fog. My doctor told me to basically just wait it out, but it's been a while and not getting better. I have new insurance that is pretty good starting in February, is there anything I can do to be more proactive? What kind of doctor should I go see in regards to this? ENT, Infectious Disease, or some homeopathic?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2015, 08:10 AM   #2
tuscansun
(female)

tuscansun HB User
Re: Chronic Fatigue because of Epstein Barr, what else can I do

I to have been diagnosed with EBV and just diagnosed last week with fibromyalgia. So many md's just don't get it and it's very sad. I have fired many md's that just didn't get me so don't settle unless your happy with them. My best decision was when I asked around ( co- workers, friends) who they recommended as primary care physician. Nope I didn't stay with the first few but attempt 3 over about 1 year brought me success. I found an md whom specializes in functional/ alternative medicine and couldn't be happier. I've only been with them about 3 months now but feel that finally someone is working to find the root cause of my medical problems. I was then on another health forum reading up on my symptoms when an ENT that specializes in fibromyalgia was mentioned and I located him, made an appt, drove 2 hours, and felt he completely understood my illness and told me of treatment recommendations. During my own research I found that cfs/ fm can have overlapping diseases. Please research that for more info. You will find that rheumatologists/ENT md's tend to recognize fibromyalgia and infectious disease/pain md's tend to recognize cfs. Based on my own research 1 disease can linger and lead into another hence the report I read on overlapping diseases. It takes a lot of testing and ruling diseases out. Carry your medical documents with you so you can provide lab results and other medical info to keep things moving forward for you.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:26 PM   #3
FieldDay
(female)

FieldDay HB User
Re: Chronic Fatigue because of Epstein Barr, what else can I do

Hi, I'm on a mission to spread the word as much as I can about a link between my own chronic fatigue experience and dental work. Have either of you had much dental work done? Especially tooth extractions and/or mercury fillings? Please read up about dental cavitations and mercury poisoning if so. I'm hoping it's a life line for you both x

Reply Reply