It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board

• 17 Year Old possible CFS?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-20-2015, 07:53 PM   #1
    Alexander33
    (male)

Alexander33 HB User
    Exclamation 17 Year Old possible CFS?

For around 6 months now I have had some odd symptoms that are unaccounted for. It started with extreme fatigue in my legs when doing simple activities like climbing stairs, this is unusual for me because I am an athlete and I try to stay in good shape all the time. Not long after that the fatigue spread everywhere and started effecting all of my muscles. This has also been accompanied by headaches and soar throat. In the past few weeks I have started feeling extremely tired even after sleeping 9 hours a night on average. The doctors have tested me for everything from viruses to ms to sleeping disorders and all tests were negative, I have had my blood tested Atleast 10 times in the past few months. Does this sound like chronic fatigue syndrome? And if so what are some ways to manage my symptoms? They are worsening and it is very frustrating to me because I am trying to play college football and I am worried that I physically won't be able to with this going on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2015, 06:13 PM   #2
    brad7738
    (male)

brad7738 HB User
    Re: 17 Year Old possible CFS?

Do you have problem with any of your teeth? Do you have wisdom teeth out already? Are they impacting or something?

Just for your input as I've been suffering for something that really resembles CFS. It was my wisdom teeth with cavity which nerve was deadened 4 months ago. Immediate relief after extraction a week ago.

Last edited by brad7738; 03-23-2015 at 06:22 PM.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:11 AM   #3
    mom1993
    (female)

mom1993 HB Usermom1993 HB User
    Re: 17 Year Old possible CFS?

You said you have a sore throat. Did they do a blood test for strep? You can have a strep infection that does not show up on a throat swab test. The blood test is ASOT, this checks for antibodies from recent exposure or infection. I know because I had this happen to me. Its a simple test just ask your doctor. Take care of yourself and let us know how you are doing.

Reply Reply

Tags
    athlete, fatigue, muscle fatigue, tiredness