It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board

Many Years Chronic Pain - Looking for Dr

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2016, 12:51 PM   #1
BigBird0000
(male)

BigBird0000 HB User
Many Years Chronic Pain - Looking for Dr

My wife has had pelvic for over 30 years. (All of docs have ignored this, and focus on back).

She has been on methodone for 20 years (for chronic pain).

We are looking for a pain doctor:
  • Located Near Lake Havasu City AZ to Kingman AZ
  • Will Listen
  • May try alternatives to pills to see if they offer any relief
  • Does not have extended appointment to see delay - cannot sit in chair for long periods of time
  • Usually doesn't require to bring in existing pills (once in a while is OK, but since pills are not kept with her, and may forget bottles sometimes - a problem if we have to drive a long amount of time

Unfortunately, we don't think all the above is possible, but anyone having any suggestions would be welcome.

Has anyone had any pain relief in pelvic area?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2016, 03:53 PM   #2
backhurtz
Senior Veteran
(female)

backhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB User
Re: Many Years Chronic Pain - Looking for Dr

The best place to look for a new pm doctor ,is your insurance website, then. or local hospitals can give you the names of doctors in your area.
As far as finding physicians who aren't going to require pill counts, I wouldn't bank on that. With the CDC recommendations for prescribing opiates, and requirements for doctors to test for compliance , more and more physicians are requiring patients to bring their meds at every appt.
Why are you needing to find a new pm if your wife has been on methadone for 20 years for chronic pain? Who was prescribing for her up until now?

Old 04-15-2016, 04:37 PM   #3
BigBird0000
(male)

BigBird0000 HB User
Re: Many Years Chronic Pain - Looking for Dr

She has medicare, so no insurance companies.
She is looking for a new doc, as she found out her current pm doctor is putting things in her record that are not true. Conversations that never took place, etc. Strong distrust for doctor. Also 2-3 hours from appointment time to see dr, and getting worse.

As for the hospitals, I think they would give names of docs who have priv's, or otherwise associated with the hospital. Not sure if we would get an opinion based on patient satisfaction.

I also tried healthgrades, but there aren't really any real reviews that mean anything for our area.

Thats why I was hoping someone on the forum has had experience with a pm doc

Reply Reply

Tags
pelvic pain