It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board

How not to be sad about having chronic pain though.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2017, 05:15 PM   #1
gal3323
(female)

gal3323 HB User
How not to be sad about having chronic pain though.

I have chronic pain for awhile already. It is hard for me to deal with. I try not be sad about it though I just can't ya. I wonder if it will be ok later ya. For those who have chronic pain how do you not be sad about having it. I know it it is something I am sad about it. I don't want to do things I like to do with it. Can anyone give me some advice about it. Thanks.

The following user gives a hug of support to gal3323:
momzworkin (10-12-2017)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2017, 12:57 PM   #2
momzworkin
Senior Veteran
(female)

momzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB User
Re: How not to be sad about having chronic pain though.

Hi - I am sorry you are having so much pain. It sucks. As far a how I try to fight the sadness of facing the rest of my life limited in what I can do and what I can enjoy is to STOP looking at my whole life. I focus on what I can do. I can still work full time. I can still drive my own car. I can still shower and dress myself. I can still grocery shop with one of my adult daughters along, and can cook up a terrific pot roast. I can even go to water aerobics 3-4 times a week to keep my diabetes in check an keep me off insulin.
Do I have to take meds? Yes. Do I have to plan ahead to make sure I don't overdue it? Yes. Does it HURT? YES. But I got up and did it.
I am scared of the future of pain medicine - but TODAY I can just cope the way I know how.
09/2011: re-tore shoulder in PT- lost 30% function in shoulder
06/2013: diagnosed with failure of L2-L3-L4

Reply Reply