It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board

• Chronic Pain EVERYWHERE!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-25-2018, 08:49 AM   #1
    Danlm91
    (female)

Danlm91 HB User
    Chronic Pain EVERYWHERE!

I need help! I need someone to tell me there is an end to all this pain! I feel that no one understands what I mean when I say, ďIím not strong enough to handle this pain anymore!Ē
    I mean it, I truly do!! 4 years Iíve suffered with chronic pain now. Iíve never had an answer or a label or anything. Tests done, repeated, repeated again, more in-depth....
    I suffer with daily headaches which stop me from doing anything - I have facial pain, facial numbness, canít open my eyes, can barely even talk.
    I suffer with daily back pain - it changes daily with being lower back pain, spinal back back, mid-range back lain, more on the hips pain, high back pain affecting my shoulders. The pain wakes me every morning and hinders my sleep every night
    I also have undiagnosed abdominal pain which is Ďunder investigationí - it cripples me, I can barely walk, I fall to the floor, I have intense periods (Iíll not go into details), sex hurts.
    I have Tendonitis in both wrists which is becoming aggressively worse and more persistent.
    I have pain in both knees which causes me to need bed rest - legs become restless, walking becomes impossible, legs go numb and tingle, legs stiffen from the knee.
    I am constantly ill also, always got a cold or flu or stomach bug or whatever is going around at the time!
    Sleep - HA! Whatís sleep!?! I have such an irregular sleep pattern that the doctors canít even put it under a label!! I am no longer allowed sleeping tablets as Iíve had every one they have for more than the allotted time you can have sleeping tablets for.
    I have had a wide variety of medications to try help (honestly probably every tablet!) I was even given a course of morphine to help at one point!!
    I need help, I need to know Iím not alone, I need to know where to turn, I need answers!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Danlm91
    momzworkin (04-04-2018),tortoisegirl (02-25-2018)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2018, 02:58 AM   #2
    Rmitch203
    (female)

Rmitch203 HB User
    Re: Chronic Pain EVERYWHERE!

You are not alone.
    I am on year 4 of my chronic pain journey, I call it this because it helps me feel like there is an end point. The only diagnosis I have had is chronic neuropathic pain, which I felt was a last ditched attempt to name it but didn't really give me a cause or anything that would help.
    I allow myself days to feel hopeless, lost, fed up and curl up in bed and cry. I give myself that time and it helps, it reminds me that I am going through something difficult and surviving it, I congratulate myself for every day I get through and plan in a weekend every now and then to hurt, to feel it and to mourn the life I used to have and sometimes I look forward to this, sometimes it is what gets me through the day.

Old 05-03-2018, 04:28 PM   #3
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

What always helps (not for puncture wounds) my aches and pains is taking 200 - 400 mg Magnesium Citrate per day. It works to relax the tissues. If your bowel movements get too soft just take a little less. It is a mineral not a medicine, but can have that harmless effect.

Taking a hot bath with a cup or two of Epsom salts also does the trick to relax the muscles. It's harmless and really helps.

They can be bought at Walmart and the usual U.S. drug stores. Very inexpensive.

Last edited by yayagirl; 05-03-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:11 AM   #4
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Having chronic pain is terrible, especially when there has been no condition diagnosed to explain it. With your symptoms, I would expect that you have had an MRI of brain, a thorough work-up for rheumatologic conditions such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis, by a rheumatologist, and a formal sleep study. Headaches, back pain, tendonitis, joint pains, restless legs at night, sleep issues, and frequent infections are all common signs of a variety of possible autoimmune, connective tissue disorders, so a rheumatology workup that is extensive would be the first thing I would seek. Even if this has been done before, it helps to repeat these tests at yearly intervals, as sometimes the symptoms precede the lab evidence by months or years. You absolutely deserve an MRI, with daily headaches, facial pain and numbness, and difficulty with eye opening and speech. I would insist on these being done. Lastly, an antidepressant such as Cymbalta, may help your pain and your sleep. It raises the pain threshold and works differently on sleep than sleeping pills do. All this needs to be discussed with your Dr of course.

Reply Reply