It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board

• Medical Marijuana etc

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-20-2020, 09:47 AM   #1
    MsPolythenePam
    (female)

MsPolythenePam HB User
    Medical Marijuana etc

Hello. I'm new to this board but not support boards, its been a while. I'm 50 and I suffer from several Chronic Pain issues. Spinal Stenosis, herniated discs, spurs, fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis and degenerative joint disease. I'm in constant pain and haven't been able to work since 2006. Which I hate. I don't get enough medication to keep me out of pain for a part time job and with my qualifications I keep getting offered full time which would lose my disability. I should get more as a disabled veteran but I don't and the VA, even though I just found out that I need a hip replacement they wont up my meds. 5 mgs 4 x day cannot sustain a 30 hour a week job especially with everyone on unemployment because of the pandemic. I tried to work a few months ago but I couldn't do the job because I had to stand up 7 hours at a time and life things but I tired. I want to work but I feel like I'm never going to do anything but sit around the house. I couldn't take it anymore and a month or so ago I swallowed a botte of anti depressants and my dad called the hospital. It was a stupid thing to do but I'm tired of just exisiting like I don't matter in this world. I'm a worker and I had to leave a great job at Polygram Records because the pain prevented me from going to shows and standing up all night. It was the best job and it really stung to have to leave.

I live with ,my 86 year old father who doesn't believe that my pain is real. He says its not that bad and its all in my head. this kills me because I have no support system. He has no empathy for my situation at all. But without a part time job yeah I can get an apartment but it would mean I couldn't afford the amount of edibles I need to stay out of pain. Medical MJ has been a life saver but you cant be high all the time. So I'm stuck and with this pandemic I cant get my hip replaced at least til august if that. The Va isn't doing those kinds of surgery right now. I'm scared to death to have it but I've heard the pain goes away.

Is anyone else in a living situation you cant stand or have no support. I came here for support and I hope you guys participate.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply