It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board

• Pushing back

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-06-2022, 08:42 PM   #1
    justzukies
    (male)

justzukies HB User
    Pushing back

After working 44 years I retired because I could not physically work any more. Other peoples jobs can look easy sometimes, but I don't think there is a job out there that does not wear you out after working most of your life. After finding myself old and wornout I was finding it hard just to take care of myself. I had chronic pain. I had the same doctor for 30 years and after many visits with him he reluctantly prescribed me some opioid. I started on a low dose vicodin. This was around 2011 and a little before opioids started being headline socalled news. After going through some dose adjustments I started feeling like a human being again. As a user of this medicine I will admit this has to taken responsibly and that is not so easy to do. However once you know the pitfalls this is the only medicine that allows to to get up out of bed and do things. First you have to find the lowest dose that works for you. For me this was 10mg 3xday. If you increase your dose it quits working as good as the lower dose almost immediately, and some of the side effects become a real problem. At a reasonable dose and if you stop suddenly you do not suffer the withdrawals that is one of the hallmarks of heroin. My point is that taken responsibly this is a miracle drug. And yet try to find one Doctor that will concede this point. With contracts, drug testing, and pill counts I do not see any reason that this drug is being denied to so many chronic pain patients. Well, I guess I see one reason; the government is issuing all kinds of threats to Doctors like license revocation, felony charges and the like. I assume this is due to all the overdose deaths, young people getting addicted and whatnot. So to combat these real social problems the states can withhold pain medication to chronic pain patients and wave a bunch of numbers at the Feds and say see, we have reduced the opioid crisis. I am at my wits end from being treated as a drug addict, having to fight tooth and nail to get a minuscule amount of real pain medication and being stereotyped as less than a productive member of this society. I am sorry if it was your kid who died as a result of an overdose. But this is more likely to happen with street drugs that are in bigger quantities now than ever before. To blame Doctors and patients for what is a result of the FAILED war on drugs is just plain wrong.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

« Zomig | - »