It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board

• help i would rather die than live my life always in pain !

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-06-2008, 03:04 PM   #16
    brianpain33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User
    Re: help i would rather die than live my life always in pain !

I guess that I am one of the few who did not gain weight from Lyrica. But I did know quite a few people at the pain management clinic that I went to that did gain weight, and sometimes significant, with the Lyrica. So I guess the Topomax would be a good drug to try first.

Brian

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2008, 06:28 AM   #17
    SpinalMalady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SpinalMalady HB UserSpinalMalady HB User
    Re: help i would rather die than live my life always in pain !

Quote:
    Originally Posted by scrappinmaniac View Post
    Hi Brian and Spirit,

I might try lyrica as a last resort, after trying other nerve meds...one of the side effects of lyrica is weight gain. If you decide to talk to your doctor about trying a nerve med you may want to ask about topamax, one of the side effects of it is weight loss. I previously took lyrica for about 16 months and didn't have any terrible side effects besides gaining weight. I am currently on topamax and have lost 35 pounds in 3 months.

I just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents . Good luck Spirit.

Scrappin'
    Spirit:

I would like to echo Scrappin's sentiment here. Try to discuss the issue of Topamax with your doc. I have now lost over 100 lbs since 2005 using this med. When he put me on Lyrica, I (almost instantly) gained 6lbs, and he decided to take me off of it right away. I had some other issues with Lyrica too. Some people can't tolerate Topamax, for me I couldn't tolerate Neurontin. Every person is different, and it's almost a trial and error (unfortunately) type of situation. By no means am I a doc, but I can relate to you what did and didn't work for me. Chin up honey, you can do this. I'm praying for you.

12/10/04 MicroD & Hemi Lami 100% Success
    09/05 Re-injured post Katrina
    06-07 In Pain Mgmt. trying to deal
    3/9/07 2 Level PLIF due to CES

Closed Thread