It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Codependency Message Board

Confusion

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-30-2015, 11:42 AM   #1
Penelopeia
(female)

Penelopeia HB User
Confusion

Hello,
I'm new here and I need some advice. I have had depression and anxiety for about a year, I take medication and go to therapy every week. Recently I've been feeling upset with my boyfriend and even unsure as to whether I want to stay with him. I feel like I am always going above and beyond, worrying more about him, basically showing signs of codependency. But here's the thing: my boyfriend has NEVER asked or even implied that he wanted me to do these things. He's a very independent person, he's loving and caring, he spends more than enough time with me, emotionally available--everything I could possibly want. He's stuck with me through the worst of my depression and constantly tells me he loves me.

Lately I've just been so exhausted. I hate my job and feel very unfulfilled in my life. I graduated from college this year and he's still finishing school, and a lot of the time I feel resentful because I miss school so much. I feel like I've lost my sense of purpose, and I don't know who I am anymore. I guess since I graduated I haven't done much other than work and I feel like I've been relying on him too much. And obviously he can't be there to fulfill my life; I know I have to do that myself, I'm just having a really hard time.

So what I don't understand is why I'm so detached from my boyfriend. He has no behavioral or addiction issues. There is nothing out of the ordinary with him. And I logically know that I love him so much, but emotionally I'm having a hard time feeling it. Is anyone else going through this? does anyone have advice? Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2016, 01:03 PM   #2
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Confusion

so how are things going?

Reply Reply