It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Codependency Message Board

What is codependancy?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-14-2016, 01:49 AM   #1
Thequestioner9
(female)

Thequestioner9 HB User
What is codependancy?

Is it a type of disorder? Is it a habit? How do you know if you struggle with it? And what can you do to fight it? I ask these questions because I'm pretty sure I am or have whatever this thing is. I don't know why or how...but probably related to low self esteam. I tend to become very attached to people in my life. I think I am especially this way with guys. I hate it. Having meltdows ( like breaking things, screaming, crying...hurting myself) because I can't get my way, I can't get out of him what I feel I need or I will die. Usually it's just a touch, constant reassurance that he loves me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2016, 07:22 AM   #2
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: What is codependancy?

codependency is when you meet others needs to the exclusion of your own.....
you put everyone else and their feelings first.....even above your own needs and feelings.....
you self-sacrifice a lot.....
it's an unhealthy way to be, it's usually something you grow up doing and don't even realize it, due to your upbringing.
Co-dependents are givers.....they are the nicest people, they will give you the shirt off their back, but it's not healthy for them because they usually find themselves surrounded by "takers"

Reply Reply