It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Codependency Message Board

At the end

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-28-2016, 08:20 PM   #1
gary967
(male)

gary967 HB User
At the end

I have a step daughter that is a ex drug addict. I came into the picture about two years ago married her mom. The girl is 29 and calls her mom her bestie. She cant go one day without seeing her mom or calling at least 10 times a day. She is drinking as well and hiding it. Has no job and has no desire to get one. Just wants her mom 24/7. It is old! I'm at my end, what can I do to help her and my wife?

Last edited by gary967; 11-28-2016 at 08:21 PM.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: gary967
Dragonfly Wings (11-29-2016),movielover40 (11-29-2016)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2016, 11:35 AM   #2
Dragonfly Wings
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User
Re: At the end

Hey there Gary,

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time! I'm unsure what your step daughter was using before now, but how did she come off of it? Detox? Rehab? If so, she should have been networked into a lot of different help prior to discharge (this is what happens in Australia, I am unsure if it's the same where you are though).

Would she willingly go to therapy? It really sounds as though she's running away from something that needs to be sorted out in order to stop abusing drugs and/or alcohol and the only way she feels safe and comfortable is with those and her Mum.

Sorry I am not of more help, I hope someone else can offer you more advice and things pick up for you sooner rather than later.

All the best,
K.

P.S: Have you spoken to your wife about how you're feeling? Has your daughter always been this way since you and your wife met? It may be difficult to come between Mother and daughter if it's always been this way :/

Old 11-29-2016, 12:24 PM   #3
movielover40
Senior Veteran
(male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User

All you can do is tell your wife what your feeling.

She may well side with daughter though.

Family is part of getting married unfortunately.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:37 PM   #4
gary967
(male)

gary967 HB User

Herion she has been off at for 5 yrs..will not go to therapy. .yes I have told my wife. I'm lost

Old 11-29-2016, 03:14 PM   #5
Dragonfly Wings
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary967 View Post
Herion she has been off at for 5 yrs..will not go to therapy. .yes I have told my wife. I'm lost
How did your wife take it when you spoke with her about it? It's obviously something that needs to be sorted for the health of your marriage and the health of the daughter as well. She has just switched one addiction for another and she's going to end up with so many health issues later in life if she doesn't clean up her act sooner rather than later (speaking from experience).

I wish you all the best!
K.

Reply Reply