It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Codependency Message Board

Just Some Encouragment (please)

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2017, 10:37 AM   #1
Lisa7741
(female)

Lisa7741 HB User
Just some encouragement please

Hello, from Texas

Currently, I am not working since my dad got put on hospice a few months ago, so that means I have a lot of time to think my mind is always running. I've struggled with codependency, love addiction, drinking, depression, anxiety, shame, guilt & currently I am grieving so that means emotionally I feel needy and vulnerable. It seems to never fail that I choose people who reject and ignore me the more they do I want their attention and time.

I hope as I write this it makes sense my dad got put on hospice toward the end of March and the beginning of April I didn't think he'd live to see my birthday which is coming up in May. Before all this I talked to a girl she is younger than me, I guess my main problem or what I attract is "unavailable people".

It just seems I'm the giver 100% we had a great connection in the beginning, but we never set a lable on what we are. I know I can answer my main focus should be my dad and to stop allowing myself to be a doormat. Emotionally, I am all over the place right now I am vulnerable I keep allowing this woman to hurt me emotionally a couple of times.

She comes in and out of my life for the short amount of time we've known each other it just feels too overwhelming for me. It seems to be what I attract.

all my life I have "struggles" I grew up in a dysfunctional family, my dad and alcoholic, but my struggles are being codependent, love addict but then I'm afraid of commitment. Now with this said person reads my texts or messages, but doesn't reply? To me, I feel like she is with someone but won't tell me.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-27-2017 at 04:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply