It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Codependency Message Board

Venting

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-28-2017, 08:08 PM   #1
Lisa7741
(female)

Lisa7741 HB User
Venting

I've been reading more, along with going back to counseling and attending a group for Codependents starting tomorrow. I tend to have this pattern of choosing "emotionally unavailable" I chase them, let them reject me, and are usually taken. But then I myself am afraid hugs, compliments, affection, always felt like I had to say "yes". But this woman I've been talking to she reads my messages but doesn't reply. She uploads pictures and it's so now I know that I have to move on and stop this pattern.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2017, 01:00 PM   #2
renko
Veteran
(female)

renko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB User
Re: Venting

Hi I was reading your comments and wondered how your counseling is going? I tend to be very co-dependent also and read a lot about what to look for in people and find people who are available emotionally and physically. I struggle with people who ignore me or are quiet and many times it is not about me but they are thinking or doing something else so I have to take a breath and occupy myself some other way. I find when I try to help others who have a need that I don't think about myself as much. It is important to have a few good friends who will love and accept you unconditionally. I hope you have one or two of them. I wish you the best. We have to remember that we are special and unique and no one should have the right to ignore us or use us in any way. There are some nice people with good character qualities and are healthy emotionally and don't use others for their own use. Best wishes to you.

Reply Reply