It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board

• Numbness in arms, legs and face

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-23-2015, 07:46 AM   #1
    gingersnap66
    (female)

gingersnap66 HB User
    Numbness in arms, legs and face

Hi First time poster here.

Last month i had a very bad bout with the flu. My whole body was paining. It started with my uppper legs. Almost like someone gave me charlie horse in my muscles. Then my feet and bottom of my feet started paining. I could not even walk. I wore memory foam slippers on my feet the few times out of bed. My hands had the same painful sensative sensations as my feet. a few days later my lungs started to hurt and I had something pneumonia. When i started recovering, the pain and numb sensations stayed on the bottom of my feet, my hands legs and arms. Not to mention the weakness that still exist in my limbs. Also, which is confusing and worrying me most now is the numbness on my face and in my mouth, it feels like dental freezing leaving my mouth. Its been at least a month since i recovered from the flu. I have seen my Dr. and have been scheduled for a CT scan. Has anyone had these symptoms before?

Last edited by gingersnap66; 03-23-2015 at 07:51 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2015, 07:07 PM   #2
    TEdds83
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
    Re: Numbness in arms, legs and face

Welcome to the health boards. I am so sorry that you are going through this. It sounds like you had the flu but for it to last a month I would definitely have your doctor give you a really thorough check up. I have heard others on here saying they have had a flu thing lasting for weeks too. It would be interesting to find out if something like that is really going on. Let us know how you are. All the best to you.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:53 AM   #3
    gingersnap66
    (female)

gingersnap66 HB User

[QUOTE=TEdds83;5352863]Welcome to the health boards. I am so sorry that you are going through this. It sounds like you had the flu but for it to last a month I would definitely have your doctor give you a really thorough check up. I have heard others on here saying they have had a flu thing lasting for weeks too. It would be interesting to find out if something like that is really going on. Let us know how you are. All the best to you.[/QUOT

Thank you for responding and welcoming . I came down with the flu Feb. 7. and I have seen my dr. for 2 rechecks since "recovering" from the flu. Mainly to see whats causing the numbness. The wait for the ct scan appointment is taking a while and I am getting a bit nervous as it is affecting my way of life right now. I was generally healthy prior to the flu and this is making me a bit crazy.

Just waiting for the scan now and i will share findings. Good luck everyone else with the flu and its symptoms. I don't wish this on anyone

Old 05-01-2015, 06:04 AM   #4
    gingersnap66
    (female)

gingersnap66 HB User

I have had a ct scan and it was clear. My dr. is sending me for an MRI / more blood work / and to see a neurologist. My symptoms are still very weird. I have numbing sensations over my face and throat and part of my scalp, arms and legs and now throughout my abdomen. It is making me nauseous. Maybe these things are not flu related, i just happened to start having these symptoms at the same time. Has anyone had these symptoms without the flu?

Old 12-14-2015, 07:52 PM   #5
    spm222
    (male)

spm222 HB User

Hey,

I had similar symptoms to you, minus the flu, though I did have a scratchy throat for about four days before the tingling and associated symptoms set in a few weeks later.

I was sent off to an ENT doc, neurologist, and did balance testing and had MRIs done. About halfway through that I decided to get tested for Lyme based on my research.

I was diagnosed with Lyme and a definite Bartonella infection. Bartonella is a key contributor to some neurological symptoms (numbness/tingling), and the hallmark symptom of pain on the bottom of your feet. Sometimes Lyme and co-infections can start with cold/flu-like symptoms.

You may benefit from reading the Lyme disease message board, particularly focusing on Lyme Literate Medical Doctors (LLMD). There's a bit of a controversy over Lyme and co-infections and diagnosis methods, which has led to issues for people who weren't diagnosed and treated early.

So definitely look into that course of action, but keep on track with the CT scan as well so they can rule other things out.

I never recall getting bit by a tick, but was bit 35 times by some small biting fly along the Hudson River in NY July 2015 and my symptoms started about a week later. Best of luck!!

Last edited by Administrator; 12-14-2015 at 08:19 PM.

Closed Thread