It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board

Stomach Flu now Acid Reflux?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2016, 07:22 AM   #1
Typicalstar
(female)

Typicalstar HB User
Stomach Flu now Acid Reflux?

I started feeling bad June 23. Started with feeling nauseous. By the next morning (Friday) the diarrhea and cramps started. This lasted off and on for two weeks. Finally went to the doctor (I thought it would just run its course) and she put me on Flagyl and a 2x a day Probiotic. Started feeling better but this weekend I would wake up with a horrible burning in my stomach. Its like my stomach is full of acid. If I take tums and eat some crackers that helps. But would this be considered Acid Reflux? has anyone experienced this? I really hope its just temporary.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2016, 08:09 PM   #2
EricNC
(male)

EricNC HB UserEricNC HB UserEricNC HB User
Re: Stomach Flu now Acid Reflux?

There does seem to be a stomach flu going around this summer. I did have some symptoms for 2 days in mid/late June and then had some symptoms week of July 10 for 2 days. I'm not sure if virus came back or 2 things. I have summer allergies, which makes my immune system inefficient this time of year.

I did have terrible acid reflux last week. I got some relief with liquid pepto, regular coca-cola, and some store brand pepcid. My symptoms improved on day 3.

I know several people have caught this second round of symptoms in July in the southeast. Also, I read that people at the RNC in Cleveland are catching this.

Last edited by EricNC; 07-20-2016 at 03:55 PM.

Closed Thread