It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board

Still feel sick 6 days after flu

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-25-2017, 12:27 AM   #1
Norsy
(male)

Norsy HB User
Still feel sick 6 days after flu

Hi i started having flu since friday of last week symptoms fever exhaustion leg pain cough runnynose sore throat.loss of taste.. i had took the vaccine few months before...6days past, the fever is gone but i stil have a cough and i feel so tired all day also i feel low and depressed.is it normal this when you have the flu? Will it go soon?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2017, 05:17 PM   #2
painttheclouds
(female)

painttheclouds HB User
Re: Still feel sick 6 days after flu

Mine is running the same course. Began Friday night. It is now Wednesday. Today was the first day I felt better but still definitely not normal. I did not get the cough; just extreme nasal congestion and running, severe body aches and fever; and even some mild nausea and diarrhea. Even if it went away during the day, all the symptoms came roaring back by 6 pm that evening. The congestion is finally mostly gone but tonight around 5, I got dizzy and totally tanked aches wise and went to bed and have stayed there. I have been taking Advil and cold meds to get through. Alternating with Tylenol also help. I am taking these only when needed; if I wake up in the middle of the night feverish and in pain, or in the evening.

Yes, it will go away soon. This year's strain is not the usual one. It is a different one, and here in my region, it has hit very high levels. But still feeling crappy six days later is normal. As long as you're not coughing excessively or feel like you have a sinus infection or getting worse. If so, you need to get antibiotics - the flu can turn into bronchitis very easily.

I had the flu a few years ago and I remember two weeks later still not feeling up to snuff and telling my husband I was so depressed for some reason. I googled it and post-flu depression is a very real condition. As you're feeling better, try to get out in the air and the sun and get a little exercising by walking. The depression will also lift as well.
My son felt much better after a few days and suddenly the next day he was feeling weak and sick again. So it can sort of boomerang, so take it easy. He is now on day 8 and he's finally normal (he's 12).

The flu ain't no regular old cold. It's a whole other thing.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:01 PM   #3
EricNC
(male)

EricNC HB UserEricNC HB UserEricNC HB User
Re: Still feel sick 6 days after flu

It does seem that this flu virus is hard to get over. I had bronchitis type symptoms for three days, but it seemed that I felt off for most of January with feeling good for three days and then have bad couple of days with waking up with a fever in the middle of night.

I think with a true flu type virus it's not unusual to have the virus in your system for 3-4 weeks. I had a sinus infection too that made things slow to get better.

Last edited by EricNC; 02-01-2017 at 09:04 PM.

Reply Reply