It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board

The Heck Did I Have?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2017, 04:38 PM   #1
SickGizmo
(male)

SickGizmo HB User
The Heck Did I Have?

So a couple days ago I wake up with bad body-aches in my lower body, an off and on headache, night sweats (bad night sweats that first night) major fatigue and heart palpitations. I had a very mild irritated throat and my nose would run a tad only a little bit and very briefly at that. Other than that there was no actual coughing or sneezing.
I was diagnosed with the Flu and given Tamiflu. The next day I felt 80% better but was still somewhat sore and tired. Today I feel mostly ok, just still a little off-kilter. And I think the tamiflu has given me diarrhea because it's one of the major side effects so I think I'll stop taking it before my dose is up.

The question is, what did I have? I was only really ill for 24hrs. Everything regarding the "24hr flu" I looked up refers to a stomach virus, which I didn't have. And most professionals don't even acknowledge the 24hr flu as a real thing, attributing it food poisoning.

So I didn't have a stomach bug. And if I had the real flu I would have been worse off. Everyone I know who has had the flu is out for the count for a week or two with my symptoms and more. Runny nose, sneezing, coughing, aches and pains, vomiting, headache...you guys know the drill. But I got off light for the most part, although that first day I felt like hell.

So what was it? Some random none-flu virus? Was it the flue and I was just somehow able to kick it better than most? Any thoughts?

Last edited by SickGizmo; 02-24-2017 at 04:40 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2017, 04:54 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: The Heck Did I Have?

Once you start taking Tamiflu, especially if you started taking it in the first 24 hours of your symptoms, you actually started killing the virus....This is why your symptoms stopped and everyone you know had them longer!

I would not stop the medication sooner than your doctor advised you to, the symptoms could possibly return with a vengence.

Never stop your prescriptions in mid dose...talk to your doctor about the side effects. They will go away once you feel better and complete the medication.

Reply Reply