It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board

• Virus in the summer with fever

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-04-2017, 05:48 AM   #1
    anxiety27
    (female)

anxiety27 HB User
    Virus in the summer with fever

I went to the doctor with body aches, slight sore throat and low grade fever. I still have it 5 days later with little healing. The doctor tells me this is normal and to expect to feel this way for 7-10 days but I am concerned bc right after the Motrin/ Tylenol wears off I go right back to 100.4 temperature with body aches. Just checking to see if this is ok, as I am concerned and I do not usually get viral infections.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2017, 09:16 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Virus in the summer with fever

If your doctor is correct and this is a virus, it is perfectly normal....however, at this point, you may want to go back and get a second opinion. Did they do blood work to rule out a bacterial infection? You could be fighting something that could be cured with antibiotics...virus's will not respond to antibiotics, but at this point, if you arent any better, maybe you should be sure it isnt bacterial.

You could go back to your doctor or you could try a walk in clinic and ask their opinion. If you arent better within 10 days, you should revisit this.

Hope you feel better soon!

Old 07-04-2017, 10:13 AM   #3
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

We all catch viruses.....many times with no symptoms.

Your doctor should have done a throat swab and nasal swab.
    I would go to another clinic and ask for a swab.....not all bacterial infections cause high fever, so it's good to have it checked. A blood test is a good idea as well to check if anything else is going on.....as well as a urine sample. Chronic low grade infections can cause systemic symptoms.

Are you coughing? That can cause a worsening of inflamed tissue in the throat and back of the mouth.

Im curious if you've recently had any medication changes or any other health issues?

Please keep is updated on how you're doing.

q

Last edited by quincy; 07-04-2017 at 10:16 AM.

Old 07-04-2017, 01:29 PM   #4
    anxiety27
    (female)

anxiety27 HB User

Thank you for responding. They did do a rapid strep and send one out. It's negative. I am going back tomorw morning because I feel awful. I have very bad allergies and I have a feeling that there's something brewing in my respiratory system.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:26 PM   #5
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Many with walking pneumonia have very few symptoms...i think it's a good idea to check further.

Keep us updated .

q

Last edited by quincy; 07-04-2017 at 09:27 PM.

Old 07-05-2017, 03:33 PM   #6
    anxiety27
    (female)

anxiety27 HB User

My doctor was not in the office and will not be until next week. I had to get an antibiotic. I am sooooo sick. My fever spiked today to 102 almost. I went to another walk in and this time they gave them to me bc they were worried about the 6 day fever. I have a script to go and get bloodwork. I am so scared. I do not know what is wrong with me. I think it is in my upper respiratory bc I get this all the time and have pain there.
    Good God this is giving me so much anxiety

Old 07-05-2017, 07:25 PM   #7
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

If you have a tendency for chest infections, it would probably be in your best interest to have a sputum culture done and an x ray (for sure).
    It's good you went for another clinic and got on antibiotics.

I understand the worry....the best you can do is persue further testing for proper diaagnosis and treatment.

Hope you start to feel better soon,
    q

Old 08-14-2017, 12:23 PM   #8
    ohayo
    (male)

ohayo HB User

i hope you feel better. load up on vitamins

Reply Reply