It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board

Adult Croup?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-06-2017, 07:29 AM   #1
hiltie0427
(female)

hiltie0427 HB User
Adult Croup?

So, I watched my 3-month old nephew the day before he was admitted to hospital with croup. About 3 days after watching him, I came down with what I thought was just a common cold but has continued to progress. I've had a slight fever, super harsh cough (my chest aches from coughing so deep and so much), slight breathing difficulty, nasal congestion for the first 2-3 days, hoarseness and the kicker for me is the whistle sound upon inhaling. 5 days in and I am finally starting to feel better.

Now my 11 year old daughter seems to be coming down with it. My 13 year old had a slight cold early last week, but no coughing and only slight nasal congestion. We're just a mess over here.

I never knew that adults could get croup. Even got into an argument with my dad who insisted that only children get croup, but did my research and see that adults on occasion can get croup. Do my symptoms listed above sound like croup? I'm not one to go to the doctor unless I really need to and like I said I am feeling much better, but if I did in fact have croup than would that most likely be what my 11 year old is coming down with? What are the chances my 13 year old will get it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply