It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board

• Almost constant cold symptoms

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-19-2017, 03:11 PM   #1
    losingmyvoice
    (male)

losingmyvoice HB User
    Almost constant cold symptoms

Sorry in advance for the TMI.

I'm 23 and for the past 2 years or so I've been getting 'cold' after cold after cold. The symptoms linger for months, then I get a few weeks or so of being ok again, then another 'cold' hits.

However, I don't think it's actually a cold, because I don't feel horrible and ill like I did when I used to get them at a more normal rate (once every 2 years). Normally I'd feel really rubbish, weak and run down for a week or so then I'd be ok again. I would know it was a cold. With these I feel a bit weak and strange for a day or two, not too bad, then I'll get congested, mucous, phlegm on my chest (varies between clear, green, yellow...), post-nasal drip and that lasts for months before a few weeks of reprieve, then another one will hit. I was rarely sick beforehand. Now every time I inhale I will feel my chest rattle and I can bring up some more phlegm... It's also ruining my voice having all that going on almost 24/7.

I don't smoke or anything.

Any ideas? I will be going to the GP soon and I have brought it up before but I've always been fobbed off... Not this time.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by losingmyvoice; 11-19-2017 at 04:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply