It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board

Throat and Ear Pain

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-31-2018, 03:43 AM   #1
Living2live
(male)

Living2live HB User
Throat and Ear Pain

I have been sick for a while and had to take antibiotics for two weeks due to an ear, throat and sinus infection. Threes days after taking my last antibiotic pill, I woke up feeling sick again with a sore throat, stuffy nose and small wet cough.
My throat slowly started to feel very bad to the point were it's hard to swallow and my ears hurt as well when in pain but if I take ibuprofen then the pain goes away.
I did see the doctor yesterday but he could see anything and suggested it maybe allergies or post nasal drip. He told me to stop taking ibuprofen and take Tylenol which I did and gargle with mouth wash which I did.
I woken up at 2am with throat and ear pain and I find that Tylenol does nothing to help with the pain compared to ibuprofen.
What do you think could be going on? The doctor did not see anything and if I could rate the pain I would give it an 8.
I feel the doctor keeps dismissing me and keeps pushing allergies when I was tested for all allegories a while ago and everything came back negative.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2018, 01:50 PM   #2
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Throat and Ear Pain

I'm not sure I understand what happened. You first went to the doctor and was diagnosed with an infection, then got a prescription for an antibiotic. I assume there was some kind of test to determine that you had an infection.

But 3 days after your last antibiotic pill, the symptoms came back. Then you went to see the doctor again. Did he test you again to see if your infection came back? Is it possible you got reinfected? How would he know by just looking? How did he know the first time that you had an infection?

Maybe it's time to get a second opinion.

Last edited by JohnR41; 09-10-2018 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Reply Reply