It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board

• I got the flu injection

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-11-2019, 06:51 AM   #1
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User
    I got the flu injection

Hi,

I got the flu injection a couple of days ago. Now my nose is stuffed up. I have been sneezing as well. Could this be a side affect of the injection? The doctor giving me the injection said my arm would be sore. Also, he said I would be tired. He never told me that I would have sneezing, stuffy nose, and some coughing. Could these symptoms be a cold or the flu? I know there are no professional health care people here. I just want to know if anyone has been through something similar. I sound like a hypochondriac

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2019, 11:45 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: I got the flu injection

Sounds like a cold (or allergies). Not a side effect of the flu shot.

What do you usually do for a cold?
    q

Old 10-11-2019, 01:24 PM   #3
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User

Hi Quincy,

Yes, you are right, it isn't from the flu injection. I think when I was cleaning the living room, the dust started flying. It was about an hour later, that I started sneezing like crazy . I also started coughing, and my eyes were filling up with water. I might have an allergy to the dust in my home. When I do have a cold, I just rest and drink plenty of water. Thank you for answering my post.

Old 10-11-2019, 09:49 PM   #4
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

How are you doing at this point? Maybe try an antihistamine or have them on hand when you get those symptoms.
    q

Old 10-11-2019, 10:19 PM   #5
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User

Hi Quincy,

All I am doing is sneezing, at this point Thank you for your concern. I may need to get a nose strip so I can breathe better. The sneezing is making my nose clogged.

Old 10-12-2019, 08:59 AM   #6
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Feel better soon,
    q

Old 10-12-2019, 04:29 PM   #7
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User

Hi quincy,

I went to the movie theater, and sneezed while the movie was playing. I guess I have an allergy. Do you know of any kind of medicine I can take? I really thought it could of been from the flu vaccine. I doubt it though. I never get sick where I am stuck to my bed to heal. I realize I have been lucky not to get sick though. I just get the flu vaccine every year as A precaution, because it could come my way eventually. Thank you for your help.

Old 10-12-2019, 10:08 PM   #8
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

There are lots of choices...nondrowsy ones I know of are Claratin, Allegra and Reactine . I suggest talking to a pharmacist for consultation of what would be best for you.

Let me know how it goes for you.

q

The Following User Says Thank You to quincy For This Useful Post:
    Chainsoflove (10-13-2019)
    Old 10-13-2019, 05:24 AM   #9
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

This time of year is high for allergies no matter where you live! You can try any of the overthecounter allergy medicines; but if they do not work, consult your doctor for something prescription.

Everyone reacts differently to allergens and even if you never had allergies before you might have them now. My husband started suffering overnight with allergies and we thought he was sick- but it turns out he is allergic to pretty much everything that is in bloom right now. We had to get allergy testing done to find this out.

I get stuffed up and sneezy, but an over the counter allergy medicine works for me. Its trial and errors but you'll find something to make you more comfortable. Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to MSNik For This Useful Post:
    Chainsoflove (10-13-2019)
    Old 10-13-2019, 07:18 AM   #10
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User

To be honest, I am fearful of taking any kind of medicine. I will just take Claritin for it. Knowing the flu vaccine didn't give me any side effects, puts me at ease.I dust the apartment all the time, and I get coughs, sneezes, and watery eyes. Yes, my apartment is a dust collector lol. Thanks I appreciate the information.

Reply Reply