It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board

• Can I get the flu twice in one season?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-21-2020, 08:05 AM   #1
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Can I get the flu twice in one season?

I had the flu February 20 21 & 22. I have no idea what type of flu it was. It came on suddenly and the 20th was the worst day. I had fever, chills, body aches and coughing. The second day I felt a lot better and within a few days I was over it. I did have a seasonal flu shot early in the flu season.

I have never heard of anyone getting the flu twice in one season so I'm wondering if that's possible. I think once is enough.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2020, 08:45 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Can I get the flu twice in one season?

Have you contacted whomever in your area to request a Covid-19 test?

There are many flu viruses floating around...the 4 in the shot are for the ones that can be deadly.

Get tested.
    q

Old 03-21-2020, 10:40 PM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Because there are so many strains of the flu, it is very possible to get it more than once a season...this is the novovirus (common flu) we are talking about.

They do not know yet if the Coronavirus can be contracted more than once, but studies are showing its not likely.

You can definitely get the regular flu more than once a year...its just a different strain than you had before.

Old 03-22-2020, 05:13 AM   #4
    esker
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User

Novovirus?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
    this is the novovirus (common flu) we are talking about.

Old 03-22-2020, 08:16 AM   #5
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

My wife has recently recovered from her second nasty cold this year. She was weak, fatigued, ucky, headache, etc. She's been fully recovered, and feeling great, for about a week. We are hoping she avoids a third one and that I don't catch anything.

They've got senior shopping hours this Tues and Weds at the local grocery store. It'll be interesting to see if they have products at 7am!

⇒ 900 weight lifts and 750 knee bends daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-22-2020, 09:56 AM   #6
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

John...in the meantime you can go over all surfaces that are regularly touched such as keyboards, phone, faucet handles, doorknobs, switches etc in your home with disinfectant, change toothbrushes, etc. Keep your own hand towel and change often. Use natural antivirals, take mucinex if congested as well as intake of fluids.

Hope you feel better soon,
    q

Old 03-23-2020, 08:50 AM   #7
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by quincy View Post
    Have you contacted whomever in your area to request a Covid-19 test?

Get tested.
    q
    Hi Quincy, I had an appointment for a regular check-up at my doctor's office about two weeks after I had the flu. So I told him about it and he didn't recommend a Covid-19 test. I don't think the test was available yet. He just recommended that if I start feeling sick again that I should make an appointment to see him.

Thanks to everyone for replies.

Old 03-23-2020, 08:53 AM   #8
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Let us know how you're doing...do call your doc's office and see what is suggested.

q

Reply Reply