It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board

• Cold cough and slight fever

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-02-2005, 02:49 PM   #1
    WandaP

WandaP HB User
    Cold cough and slight fever

Hi...I have had a cough and cold for like 4 days now..no sneezing just feel like My head is full of mucus..feels like the typcal cold with a cough..BUT this after noon I took a nap woke up so chilled I was
    shaking..my husband said I felt fevered....He gave me two tylenol...I feel fine now... am not even coughing as much....just all "plugged up"..

I suffer from MAJOR anxiety which I am on meds for...but I cant help but think OMG do I have leukemia?

So what I would like to know is..Can you get a fever when you have a bad cold?
    THank you so much.
    Wanda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2005, 02:51 PM   #2
    Midget
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Midget HB User
    Re: Cold cough and slight fever

I'd say yes...just one of your bodies ways of trying to kill the bug that's making you sick.

Old 01-02-2005, 02:52 PM   #3
    2tiredmom
    (female)

2tiredmom HB User

Yes you can have a fever with a cold. You may also have the flu. Or a sinus infection. If your heads plugged up and you have a fever, I would go with sinus infection. If it is a sinus infection you need to get checked to see if you need antibiotics. Drink plenty of fluids to try and break up that congestion.

Old 01-09-2005, 05:32 PM   #4
    Anxiety Man
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Anxiety Man HB User

Hello, Wanda & fellow cold sufferers. This is my first time to the "bugs" part of Healthboards, but then I've had one of those critters on me all week too!
    Wanda, I too have had that, and had 99.1 fever last night. I am better tonight, no fever, so I think it is as Midget has said, it's our bodies' way of running that bad guy outta there. I have this dead rat smell in my head and like rotted water is in there! Mine started coming on me last Tue. I have also been taking the 8-hour Tylenols.

Also, I empathize with you on anxiety! I have it too, and the last time I had to take doxycline for a sinus infection, about 3/4 of the way through the bottle, I was so weak from them, this caused my anxiety and panic to hit the fan! I had to quit them. I am scared that I will come out of this with an infection and have to take them too. I sure hope not.
    We have double whammies with that plus any other ailments that might knock us down for a spell.

Hope you feel better soon!

Closed Thread