It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board

• colds and fever blisters

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-05-2002, 09:28 AM   #1
    sweetiepie1982

sweetiepie1982 HB User
    Angry colds and fever blisters

Does anyone have any good ideas for keeping fever blisters away when you are sick? I use Abreva, but I would rather them not be there at all. Does anyone have any secrets?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2002, 10:58 AM   #2
    Roger100

Roger100 HB User
    I get them at least once a year too in the corner of the lips. I now at least found a way that the wounds are very shallow and heal within 7-8 days from the first onset. I used to put on salt but it burns too deep wounds and they took like 2 weeks to heal- cause they were right in the corner and whenver I open my mouth to wide the wound would crack open again.

. Now I put on an ointment that contains peppermint oil and eucalyptus, and menthyl. Then I put on a calendula ointment. Well the blisters disappear and then there is just dead skin hanging there for the next few days. Still looks juk though. .... Also fait has it that each time I get them I actually want to go on a date.

You can also try ointments that are specifically made against the virus - but I found that the more u use them the more u need them and it still takes a long time anyway.

Closed Thread