It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board

• rapid heart rate from decongestant

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-06-2002, 07:55 AM   #1
    nikkatch

nikkatch HB User
    Post rapid heart rate from decongestant

Hello, I'm new here. My problem started Monday 3AM, I had adverse reaction or overdose from decongestant. Was trembling and rapid heart beat for 3hrs then dissipating within the day, no sleep til Monday 10PM. Since then I have clammy/cold hands&feet on and off and still feel my heart pounding when I go to sleep or lie down/rest, my sleep is only 5hrs. I had EKG yesterday and heart rate was 120 going down to 97! Tech said 97 falls in normal range already but it's not for me bec. I'm usually low blood press and heart rate. Anyway, results will be sent today to my family doctor but I'd like some inputs on
    1. does EKG provide enough data to find out any urgent/critical care needed for me or heart damage shown?
    2. does drug side-effect on heart last for days? how long? or do I now have a permanent heart condition?
    3. what happens now with the EKG results, what treatment to expect

I'm kinda stressed out about this plus my cold and acid reflux. Please share your similar experience with me esp. from people with same heart rate on EKG results. Any tips to relax and lower heart rate too (diet, supplement, exercise or not). Thanks!!!

Nikka

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2002, 09:09 PM   #2
    Just-A-Boy
    Veteran
    (male)

Just-A-Boy HB User
    Talking

Listen... Your heart is fine

I have anxiety disorder, and sometimes my heart had gone up to 200 for seconds. Also my heart beated 130 beats for more than an hour. You heart is a powerful machine, so it doesnt break down that fast.

To mantain a healthy heart take this supplements:

CoEnzymeQ10
    Vitamin E
    B Vitamin Complex
    Vitamin C
    Selenium

Closed Thread